Pullied 04 cobra vs. stock? 04 viper srt10

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
[youtube_browser]Vd95pdhdotI[/youtube_browser]

2004 Viper vs My 04 pullied cobra

old guy driving so i most likey out shifted the driver but still a kill none the less.

after all was said and done i beat him by about 3 car lengths. :banana: lots of fun. we pulled over afterwords and he told me he had heard that cobra's were no joke and he really liked the yellow :beer:

edit- repost from roadkill but more people look at this section :coolman:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would have expected the race to be closer, so maybe a better shifting driver in the Viper was needed. How much power are you making? Around 470 to the wheels? You have a nice Cobra! :)

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks guys. I think the car I putting down around 440-460. And if you notice in 3rd his car holds steady off my right rear quarter, then the 3-4 shift kills him.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Good thing the Viper driver sucked. It looked like it was about to blow your doors off at one point.

Either way, run what you brung, so good kill!

BM1

Established Member
Nice run. This is why people race and don't sit there comparing time slips and magazine articles. None of that shit matters when it comes down to brass tacks.

06C6Z06

Banned
I did not think 04 Vipers were that fast. I don't know why everyone saying the Viper needs driver mod. Also third gear in Cobras are the weakest gear but forth is the strongest. That is where I pulled on most my kills.

musclefan21

Established Member
I think if the cobra driver drove the heck out of the cobra, the viper wouldnt have won regardless who was driving it. while both cars were accelerating, the cobra was still able to hold it nice and even pull.

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
i was gonna watch the vid, but then i saw your sig picture. im still not sure what the vid was about.

Because Screaming Yellow is the fastest color! Car sounded good, what size pulley?

:lol: +1 best sig ever.

Haha thanks guys :beer:

I think if the cobra driver drove the heck out of the cobra, the viper wouldnt have won regardless who was driving it. while both cars were accelerating, the cobra was still able to hold it nice and even pull.

Exactly what i was saying in my earlier reply, driver skill or not when we are both in third gear he isn't pulling and neither am I.

I did not think 04 Vipers were that fast. I don't know why everyone saying the Viper needs driver mod. Also third gear in Cobras are the weakest gear but forth is the strongest. That is where I pulled on most my kills.

Amen! Mine pulls hard as shiz in 4th.

Good thing the Viper driver sucked. It looked like it was about to blow your doors off at one point.

Either way, run what you brung, so good kill!

Just curious, what point in the vid did it look like he would blow my doors off?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Haha thanks guys :beer:

Exactly what i was saying in my earlier reply, driver skill or not when we are both in third gear he isn't pulling and neither am I.

Amen! Mine pulls hard as shiz in 4th.

Just curious, what point in the vid did it look like he would blow my doors off?

When you pulled ahead, the pull stopped, he began to come up on you. Looks like he missed a gear, which is when you began to walk him again.

Last edited:

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I see what you mean when i watched the vid again, but i dont think he hit the brakes, i'm pretty sure it was a REALLY slow 3-4 shift, because when the camera points back at the mirror that is him holding off about 2-3 car lengths behind me. So he stayed in it till about 135-140ish when he saw me hit my brakes.

was still a fun run :)

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I see what you mean when i watched the vid again, but i dont think he hit the brakes, i'm pretty sure it was a REALLY slow 3-4 shift, because when the camera points back at the mirror that is him holding off about 2-3 car lengths behind me. So he stayed in it till about 135-140ish when he saw me hit my brakes.

was still a fun run :)

Yea, it looked like he missed a gear. You won though, that's all that matters. Poor dodge guy :fart: . Must be feeling mighty sad that a "Ford" beat him :lol1:

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I thought those Vipers came with well over 500 hp:shrug:

500 hp and 525 tq... assuming that's at the flywheel, subtract 15% drivetrain loss and its 425, so now its in the cobra's range. But it has a weight advantage of 300 pounds because it tips the scales at 3360lbs.
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper]Dodge Viper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread