Pulleys finally in...

sir-blah

Established Member
Well, I finally got my pulleys put in. Billet flow 2.930, and 4 piece idler set. I have had these things for a while just finally in now. I got it dyno'd at ADS in AZ but ran into a little problem. My exhaust prevents them from being able to strap the car down very tight so we had to load 3 people in the back for the pull. I got 501 crank HP 567 TQ but couldn't get it to stick traction on the dyno. The boost would come on and the tires would start roasting. So I guess my next mod is some custom 18x11 wheels and 335's in the back then see what I can lay down... That also give's me time to put the nitrous back in.

One thing I need to ask. I looked under the hood but couldn't tell for sure after the pullies were installed, which one was the 92mm vs the 3 100mm. Turns out that the 92mm is the lowest one and the three you can see in the picture are 100's. Is this right? Does it matter?

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Blah-bling, looks great man!

I have 2-92's and 2-100's, with my 2.76.
Are you sure you only have one 92?
Billetflow installed mine with the 2-92's in the middle and the 2-100's up top and down low (bottom)

EDIT, 3-100's and 1-92, just like dougwg said.

Last edited:

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
Blah-bling, looks great man!

I have 2-92's and 2-100's, with my 2.76.
Are you sure you only have one 92?
Billetflow installed mine with the 2-92's in the middle and the 2-100's up top and down low (bottom)

Yep. My top 3 are all 100's, the bottom one is the 92.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You may run into belt interference issues with two 100 mm pulleys on top. The belt is only a hair away from contact with the belt on the other pulley. I would change them around to the position Postban has. A lot less chance for problems that way. If you actually do have only one 92 mm pulley, put the one 92 mm directly below the blower pulley as he has it. The decrease in belt wrap will be insignificant.

Dana

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by sir-blah
Yep. My top 3 are all 100's, the bottom one is the 92.

That would mean your gap is smaller than mine:eek: by whatever the 4mm additional radius adds.

TYGHT!!!!
faf19410.jpg

faf193eb.jpg

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by King03Cobra
When I talked to Ken at Billetflow, he said the 92mm was the one on the left side.

you are right...

Postban,

I think you have 3 100's and 1 92...

Everyone,

It don't matter where you put the 92mm, as long as the belt does not touch it's self....

you can swap them around any way you like to give the most belt wrap for your configuration

Postban has a 2.76 and should have the pulleys just the way they are....

sir-blah is running a 2.93 which moves the belt away from it's self, therefore he can run 3 100mm pulleys up top ... if he switches to a 2.76, then he should install the 92mm idler on the passenger side just like postbans...

side note: if you install them "any way" and the belt is close and not touching... all is good!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
My set up is all 90s except for the top which is the 100. Mine aren't billet flow though. I don't think there is any real advantage one way or the other. The idlers just spin. So long as they are low friction pullies to replace the sluggish stock pullies you are fine.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I have the billetflow setup as well, 2.76 pulley, 4 idlers (one 92mm, three 100 mm) Same setup as Postban.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by plan b
I have the billetflow setup as well, 2.76 pulley, 4 idlers (one 92mm, three 100 mm) Same setup as Postban.

with this setup, you can use your STOCK BELT

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the info guys. I have wondered about the sizes as well. :beer:

I'm using my stock belt as well.

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
That would mean your gap is smaller than mine:eek: by whatever the 4mm additional radius adds.

TYGHT!!!!

Yeah, mine are very very close. But not touching. You might be able to put something a little thicker than a soda can tab or a CD between them (MAYBE).

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Dougwg, I stopped by the shop about 3 weeks ago to get the pulleys, you weren't there and I dealt with Ken. Very nice setup, I liked those adaptor plates for the Marauder, very nice:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread