Pulley & Tune Demon vs FBO Hellcat

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I was at this event. That Demon ran run after run right on his number... that Hellcat couldn’t put a run together until that pass. Still both cars were solid.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I’m still curious, 100 more hp and it ran .01 faster than stock drag trim?

Solid race and fast cars with simple bold ons

DA and track prep on this night vs. stock drag trim you are referring to? Conditions probably don’t matter in drag racing anyway.

or is this your passive aggressive way of calling the Demon slow again?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
DA and track prep on this night vs. stock drag trim you are referring to? Conditions probably don’t matter in drag racing anyway.

or is this your passive aggressive way of calling the Demon slow again?
It’s my way of showing their run is not repeatable. I think in science, to be able to repeat the results of an experiment is a good thing.

Too much?

I will agree with your last point, pulley tune on a car under $100k is damn fast! Beer!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It’s my way of showing their run is not repeatable. I think in science, to be able to repeat the results of an experiment is a good thing.

Too much?

I will agree with your last point, pulley tune on a car under $100k is damn fast! Beer!

Understand. FCA should have never made that claim so boldly, but holy cow, I think some people are living their lives with the goal of discrediting this car.

Was the 13-14 GT500 a total failure because ford claimed from high upon the mountain that it was a 200 mph car, but to my knowledge, no one has actually been able verifiably replicate it? Don’t seem to recall most folks giving the blue oval a hard time over that. Or their claim that the new Ford GT would have the best P:W ratio of any car? Does that make the cars any less awesome?

_Snake_

Established Member

Too much?

They backed up the 9.65 run.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They backed up the 9.65 run.
They ran it twice....first I heard of this. I heard they ran hour after hour with half the tracked soaked with vht to get that 9.65 run.

Understand. FCA should have never made that claim so boldly, but holy cow, I think some people are living their lives with the goal of discrediting this car.

Was the 13-14 GT500 a total failure because ford claimed from high upon the mountain that it was a 200 mph car, but to my knowledge, no one has actually been able verifiably replicate it? Don’t seem to recall most folks giving the blue oval a hard time over that. Or their claim that the new Ford GT would have the best P:W ratio of any car? Does that make the cars any less awesome?
They claimed best power to weight after introduction? Yes this was a mistake, I believe the 675LT had it beat.

To answer your question the demon is a hell of a car and we’re lucky dodge made it. While I’m not a fan of the strip set up(I can’t stand the the CJ either) the power torque and speed is there. In saying that I choose a viper to drive first, or the rs7/charger hellcat if I need 4 doors:)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like em both! Both ran well. Ray (Albini), watching that race I kept thinking about your own Hellcat Challenger. ;)

PIPO

Established Member
They ran it twice....first I heard of this. I heard they ran hour after hour with half the tracked soaked with vht to get that 9.65 run.

Leah Pritchett ran 9.65 and Jim Wilder, dodge engineer, ran 9.66.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was at this event. That Demon ran run after run right on his number... that Hellcat couldn’t put a run together until that pass. Still both cars were solid.
Mid 9’s all night long with nothing more than a pulley and tune seems like a good thing.
Yeah, this is telling me that once the Redeye cars start hitting the drag strips with the same mods as that Demon, they will be fast and pretty consistent as well.

PIPO

Established Member
Same night I’m assuming.

Yes. Same night against Leah’s 9.65 pass, on a different car of course.

First pass off the trailer that night was 9.8. That was when they knew that was the night.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
You drive a ranger so bitching about a demon not running 9.65 is laughable. The car is an animal and the nit picking is a joke.... and I'm a Ford guy.

They claimed best power to weight after introduction? Yes this was a mistake, I believe the 675LT had it beat.

To answer your question the demon is a hell of a car and we’re lucky dodge made it. While I’m not a fan of the strip set up(I can’t stand the the CJ either) the power torque and speed is there. In saying that I choose a viper to drive first, or the rs7/charger hellcat if I need 4 doors:)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You drive a ranger so bitching about a demon not running 9.65 is laughable. The car is an animal and the nit picking is a joke.... and I'm a Ford guy.
Not bitching at all. I thought the vid on how they obtained the 9.65 was interesting on top of the drag trim it has to have.

Like I’ve said twice before it runs mid to low 10’s full interior with 315 at 4 corners. No other car south of $160k does that, with the z06 being the closest. Damn strong car if you ask me!

Users who are viewing this thread