Pulley swap!

blk03stang

Established Member
I am so close to hitting 9's and 140 in the 1/4 I figured i'd throw a "hair" more power at her by changing the pulley.

Before the car was making roughly 650-660whp/650tq, at this power level I went 10.20's@139mph. All we did was change the pulley to go from 12lbs to 15lbs. Nothing else changed on my setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo9p5Bj9oyU

The car is now making 718whp/690wtq. Pretty excited to get back to the track and see if I can squeeze this thing into the 9's on my smoking stock clutch and 19" tires!

Mod list for those wondering:

-after market airfilter inside OEM cold air box
-ported stock blower/snout
-pulley
-injectors
-headers
-cooling mods
-tuned on 93 and e85

-Matt

mystickb1996

Established Member
So badass man. That 3lbs made a huge increase in power. I'm sure it's a beast. To bad the new c7 z owners have a little 1.7 tvs instead of that great 2.3l you have, that loves to make power not heat!

jleews6

Established Member
Beautiful car ! Thats allot of power for a bolt on car with the stock cam. I dont know if you will hit the nines but you will blow past 140 pretty easy. Every time I see how impressive the ZR1 is it makes me wonder why GM didnt use this combo in the ZL1.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You have an amazing and beautiful car. I would take it over a stock zero mile C7z06 in a heartbeat. Good luck with shooting for the 9's.

blk03stang

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I am pretty pumped! IF my stock clutch will hold I'm confident I will hit high high 9's with this setup on my 19" NT05R's! #prayformyclutch lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have an amazing and beautiful car. I would take it over a stock zero mile C7z06 in a heartbeat. Good luck with shooting for the 9's.

Yes indeed. Wouldn't even be a real decision. That ZR1 is such a gorgeous Vette. And the power! Awesome. Hope it dips into the 9s soon. :rockon:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Beautiful car ! Thats allot of power for a bolt on car with the stock cam. I dont know if you will hit the nines but you will blow past 140 pretty easy. Every time I see how impressive the ZR1 is it makes me wonder why GM didnt use this combo in the ZL1.

It was a cost issue. There are some vital differences between the LSA and LS9 (such as the forged titanium rods, cam and larger blower) and GM probably didn't want the ZL1 costing more than the GT500. It's a totally different beast though.

blk03stang

Established Member
Yes indeed. Wouldn't even be a real decision. That ZR1 is such a gorgeous Vette. And the power! Awesome. Hope it dips into the 9s soon. :rockon:

That's just nasty! As long as your clutch holds I'm confident you'll run your number and get your MPH with the power increase. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys! I am running tomorrow! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

agreed. c6 zr1 and c6 z06 > c7 z

and great looking car and bet it rolls out!!! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread