pulley size

wudy

Established Member
Does anybody know what the boost difference is between the 2.93 vs 2.76. I installed a ported steggy stage 3 blower, with the 2.93 pulley, on my car last week and was dissapointed with the results. The stock blower had the 2.80 pulley and pulled 430 hp and 462 ft lbs. Now with the ported unit and the 2.93 pulley, it pulled 451 hp and 432 ft lbs. I like the car better with the stock blower because of the higher torque. It had more jump. So im just waiting for my 2.76 pulley to come in and be installed on the cobra. I hope it dramatically increases the torque. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

wudy

Established Member
About a 1/2-1lb.Were you getting belt slip maybe.

Not as far as I know. I do have the tensioners and they were spraying some kind of belt dressing on the belt. The boost was 12 psi with the ported unit.

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I do have the tensioners and they were spraying some kind of belt dressing on the belt.
Uh oh, might be time to look for a new tuner/shop. You never want to spray dressing on the blower belt. Generally after you port it is a good time to take advantage of reduced IATs and spin the blower faster not slower, but I also think you probably had some slip. Best to get a new, properly fitting belt with your new pulley and no dressing, also notch the tensioner to get a shorter belt on there. Tensioner will rest here with the right belt, do this and I'll bet anything your numbers will come up:

steggytensioner.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread