Pulley setup question

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I've been modding my car for a little while but have mainly been dealing with the looks of the car. Now i am looking to add to the engine and Im considering pullying my car. The only things done to the engine are bbk cai, magnaflow cat back exhaust and x-pipe. this is my daily driver so im looking for a reliable yet nice improvement in performance. I was thinking about a 2.93 pulley. can anyone give me an idea of what i really need to put down some good numbers but remain reliable. Also, whats a great place to buy the pulleys from? thanks

2001gunmetalgt

Established Member
Buy the pulleys from www.billetflow.com They make the best pulleys period. You will also need a new belt and its a good idea to go ahead and get the 4 piece idlers (helps wrap the belt more since your putting a smaller blower pulley on). Billetflow also makes the idlers and have them on that site. I have a 2.93 billetflow pulley because like you i was worried about the safest pulley for my DD. Its fine and won't cause any wear above normal. I mean the blower spins higher at WOT but I dont beat on it hardly. I may even go with a 2.76 pulley for a bit more performance.

2.76 pulley = greatest performance (spins blower higher)
2.8 pulley= more common pulley (mid level)
2.93 pulley = more moderate pulley (spins blower less)

Get any one of those sizes and it will suite your needs.

Obviously the 2.76 will make more power then the others. For example look at my mods, if I had a 2.76 I'd probably dyno at 275rwhp and 280ish torque.

Yes, you will need a pulley puller tool to remove the stock pulley and put this one on. The car will also need to be put on a dyno and dyno tuned. Yes, the pulley will cause the car to make a higher pitched whining noise! Yes, the car will feel alot better and pull harder.

Last edited:

Vsix

Established Member
Buy the Billetflow pulley set-up with 4pc idlers fit & finish is EXCELLENT :banana:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
so im thinking that if i do go with the 2.93 or even any smaller i will need a new belt and probaly be smart to go with the 4 piece idler set as well all from billetflow. I have a place that can install the pulley and has the tools. is it best to go with a handheld tuner like sct or diablo sport or get a shop to do it all?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
so im thinking that if i do go with the 2.93 or even any smaller i will need a new belt and probaly be smart to go with the 4 piece idler set as well all from billetflow. I have a place that can install the pulley and has the tools. is it best to go with a handheld tuner like sct or diablo sport or get a shop to do it all?

I went with the 2.93 Billetflow and the idlers, looks and performs great!

I borrowed a puller from a fellow svtperformance member, had to tap the threads on the blower snout as they were messed up from the factory, turned out not to be a big deal.

I love it!, Went with the SCT tuner and a custom tune fro RWTD.

If you do go the 2.76 route I'd get a MAF extender also. http://www.billetflow.com/MAFXtender.htm

Numbers are in the sig, and WOT screams!

Call Doug at Billetflow, he will get you the right pulleys and the right belt to go with it. You might get the beautiful lady that works with him, she will fix you up too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread