pulley removal???

hglhndr85

Banned
i dnt have the cash to spend on a pulley puller right now, i heard of some people using a power steering pulley remover and installer, does this work? i have the pulley just no way to put it on, wat else can i use? i know i have to b careful let me know
thnkas

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
Maybe somebody who lives around you will be willing to help you out. Familiar with any lightning or terminator owners in your area?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
go to the regional forums on here and ask someone to help you. If not BF has a loaner program where they will send you the puller/install tool and then you send it back for a small fee.

DONT use something that was not designed to pull and install a pulley for these blowers unless you are willing to buy a new blower.

Two Snakes

Putting on the foil
Established Member
forcefedcobra said:
go to the regional forums on here and ask someone to help you. If not BF has a loaner program where they will send you the puller/install tool and then you send it back for a small fee.

DONT use something that was not designed to pull and install a pulley for these blowers unless you are willing to buy a new blower.

+1 Ditto

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Seriously bro if you don't have the funds to do it right, I would wait a bit. Not only are you gonna need the pulley and the puller, but a tune, new belt, new plugs, blah, blah, blah. Do yourself a favor, save some cash, and do it right, just my 02.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Use the proper tool! I had a local guy once do a removal/installed with some gerry-rigged puller he designed. He ruined my pulley in the process. And this was a guy who swore he knew what he was doing. Lesson learned!

Users who are viewing this thread