Pulley question...

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
Is there a reason that we don't use the Lightning 2.93 pulley? Does it not fit? Seems like an easy low key (not to mention cheaper) way to get HP. If it works does it just use the 74 belt? How about an extra tensioner? please let me know

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, you can use the stock Lightning pulley on the Cobra. Some on this forum are doing just that. DD2000GT is one for example.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
If you go with the 2.93 you will need a tune to correct the A/F and keep it safe. I am pretty sure you can get an idler pulley to keep the stock belt with that setup too.

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
After doing some research today I found out that Ford now only sells that pulley with the blower....DAMN I thought I was going to get a Ford part cheap....guess not

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I got my 2.93 stock Ford Lightning pulley from a Lightning owner that was upgrading. It is made from steel and lines up perfectly with the other pulleys. I put a 74" gatorback belt on with the stock idlers and have no slip all the way up to redline. Also, I have no belt dust what so ever. I did get the predator tuner to get my Air/Fuel ratios where they need to be, but this pulley is great for the daily driver. It is like getting a whole new car. Ran up against a Lightning the other day and was BS'ing with the driver next to me at a stoplight. He complimented my car and asked me my mods. I told him I had his size upper pulley and it ran hard. The light turned and we both took off normal, then he punched it midway through first gear. I matted it and pulled him with ease, there were props all the way around. Funny, the first kill with my new Lightning pulley was a Lightning :-D

Good luck,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread