Pulled the trigger.

cannman440

Established Member
Well been a long time reader shot time member and first time poster. I bought my 13 gt about 5 months ago and have a whopping 289miles on her. Anyways I bought the hellion tt kit should be in next week. I'll be doing the install myself but not the tuning. I have a few questions about the hp I'll be making. First what's the biggest hp # someone has made on stock bottom end? Im shooting for 650 to 700 with the 7# springs. Second what clutch would you recommend? I will be putting the id1000s for injectors. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Will you need to upgrade the pumps or will a BAP be enough?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Brutal Metal

Established Member
700 is pushing the limits, one customers 2011 Vortech hit 700 with Meth and it'still holding together fine, same for anothers 2012 at 650. Neither had the fuel pump changed, the meth car had bigger injectors,the new5.0's voltage to the pump can be manipulated in the tune file enough so the Bap wasn't needed for either car..

Last edited:

02blownGT

Established Member
700 is pushing the limits, one customers 2011 Vortech hit 700 with Meth and it'still holding together fine, same for anothers 2012 at 650. Neither had the fuel pump changed, the meth car had bigger injectors,the new5.0's voltage to the pump can be manipulated in the tune file enough so the Bap wasn't needed for either car..

Wow! I cant believe you can leave the fuel system mostly untouched.I was looking at CTS-Vs but now im thinking different.

Users who are viewing this thread