Puff of blue smoke

cobravenom99

Established Member
Last night i was really beating on my car (i never usually abuse it)
, and after i was done beating on it, i drove it normal for a short distance and it seemed to be fine, but this morning i started her up in my garage and a small puff of blue smoke came out the back on the start up. Now there was no fluids underneath the car or anything, and it sounded like it was running fine i am worried because my 99 only has 14,300 on it and i run 7 qts of royal purple 10w-30 in it BTW. Should i be worried?

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Mine did the same thing. I went through a 1st gear pull (for the first time with the 4.10's) and shut her down after that. Started her up today,and smoke puffed out I believe the driver's side tailpipe.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
probably just some excessive blow by oil getting sucked into the cylinder through the PCV system.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
probably just some excessive blow by oil getting sucked into the cylinder through the PCV system.

^yup all the mod motors do it it will be fine:beer:

whew. I certainly hope so,because I rarely beat on my car,and I always put 7qts in it as well as monitor the oil level frequently.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
yeah its normal you would be suprised how much oil gets sucked in through the pcv in to the intake i put a oil separator on my 97 and in about 50 miles it picks up about 1 0z of oil and thats with normal driving. if i beat on it it collects a lot more. under high load these mod motors get a lot of oil sucked in through the pcv and in the motor then when you go to start it the next day it gets burnt in the exhaust and it puffs a little smoke. mine was just like that but a lot worse since im supercharged so now that i have an oil separator it doesnt do it since it catches the oil from the pcv before it goes to the motor. try the oil seperator mod about 22 bucks keeps the engine a lot cleaner also. dont worry about beating on these motors they love 7000 rpm:beer:

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
Last night i was really beating on my car (i never usually abuse it)
, and after i was done beating on it, i drove it normal for a short distance and it seemed to be fine, but this morning i started her up in my garage and a small puff of blue smoke came out the back on the start up. Now there was no fluids underneath the car or anything, and it sounded like it was running fine i am worried because my 99 only has 14,300 on it and i run 7 qts of royal purple 10w-30 in it BTW. Should i be worried?

You running any JLT pre-filters? They are pretty good at minimizing this and basically maintenance free.

Users who are viewing this thread