PS4 or Xbox

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
fact is there simply isnt enough bandwidth to support UHD streaming. Average broadband connection is only like 15mb/s if you're lucky. Handling a 60-100Gb file isnt feasible without a ton of compression and data loss. Even streaming true 1080P is chore

exactly, most probably aren't even getting true 1080P native, close but no cigar.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Just curious..what games are you playing?
Mostly MAME ROMs. I have about 6000 on the SD card from almost every system ever.

My biggest faves are Neo-Geo titles. Metal Slug series, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Japanese pachinko (serious mindless fun), etc.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
fact is there simply isnt enough bandwidth to support UHD streaming. Average broadband connection is only like 15mb/s if you're lucky. Handling a 60-100Gb file isnt feasible without a ton of compression and data loss. Even streaming true 1080P is chore

Maybe I’m completely wrong... but any person that should actually care about the specs being debated is going to have a much better than 15 mb/s internet connection. The highest recommended speed is 25 mb/s, and I’d venture any person semi-serious about gaming and/or 4K is in the 100+ range, as its not that expensive anymore.

colin450

Established Member
the problem is peeps thinking streaming 4k is the same as the disc. its kinda like buying a KB 4.2L and pulleying it down to 3psi, then wonder why you get gapped by a car with a ported eaton. lol

You're telling me when I watch something in "Dolby Vision" on Netflix or if I buy a UHD/HDR movie on XBox it's not real? I feel scammed and betrayed. I have a 65" LG OLED.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Maybe I’m completely wrong... but any person that should actually care about the specs being debated is going to have a much better than 15 mb/s internet connection. The highest recommended speed is 25 mb/s, and I’d venture any person semi-serious about gaming and/or 4K is in the 100+ range, as its not that expensive anymore.

Anything less than 1Gb is for casual plebs. Only the finest in internetz will do.

snob-3.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
100% preference. They’re the same thing.

PlayStation the caliber of players is a bit higher, and i believe the audience is a bit older.

However it’s really potato potatoe

This.

Xbox has always been known as younger audience and easier for the average gamer.

Ps4 Fork Knife is where its at

Does using a wireless PS3 controller with an overclocked Raspberry Pi running RetroPie count as a console or PC?

Nerd cred +1

Does using arcade cabinets, with an over clocked RPi, running Retropie count?

Nerd Cred xInfinity

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My basement is nearing completion! Can't wait to start gaming on this Sony 65". Currently using a 46" 1080 Samsung.

IMG_20181128_192920349_zpsu29oi5st.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Question. Is Xfinity wireless router's good? I'm debating if I should upgrade to something else. I don't seem to have problems with it. Mainly want it good for gaming. I also hate how it sits vertically.

11sec Guy

Established Member
I grabbed call of duty WW2. I figured I enjoy reading and watching ww2 shows so this should be cool. Got the first 2 missions done on the campaign, so far it’s great. Also looks great on my tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
My basement is nearing completion! Can't wait to start gaming on this Sony 65". Currently using a 46" 1080 Samsung.

View attachment 1532030

I was the same way.. and @Zemedici can likely vouch..

Dont get me wrong, playing on a huge screen is great. It's awesome. I have a 65" inch I was gaming on

..Then I got a 25.. or 27" I forget which.. Ultrawide.

That $150 ultrawide.. is way more clear than the 65 ever was.. I FIRST game.. played better.. was hitting better shots, etc

With bigger TVs your eyes actually have to shift to see things, which will throw you off during serious gameplay

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was the same way.. and @Zemedici can likely vouch..

Dont get me wrong, playing on a huge screen is great. It's awesome. I have a 65" inch I was gaming on

..Then I got a 25.. or 27" I forget which.. Ultrawide.

That $150 ultrawide.. is way more clear than the 65 ever was.. I FIRST game.. played better.. was hitting better shots, etc

With bigger TVs your eyes actually have to shift to see things, which will throw you off during serious gameplay
Totally makes sense. I don't only plan on gaming on this TV. I'll be watching TV on it all the time. I'm a huge hockey fan, so maybe I'll be able to track the puck better.

Also this wall it's mounted on is quite long, and I think it would look weird with a small TV.

IMG_20181129_135807772_zps5v18yb2z.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Totally makes sense. I don't only plan on gaming on this TV. I'll be watching TV on it all the time. I'm a huge hockey fan, so maybe I'll be able to track the puck better.

Also this wall it's mounted on is quite long, and I think it would look weird with a small TV.

View attachment 1532107

I hear ya. My living room wall is long also, and even my 65 looks tiny in here

47246312_10157120915878933_7496786469374132224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

ViciousJay

Established Member
I hear ya. My living room wall is long also, and even my 65 looks tiny in here

View attachment 1532120

I use plex too, you should wall mount the tv, that will give the tv depth and look much much bigger. I went with xbox and went with a HD antenna and slingTV which I might cancel because I hardly watch it.

Here's my set up. 65" incher as well.

IMG_3586.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread