PS3 vs Xbox360

kuruma

Established Member
I found this article today and thought it was pretty good comparison graphics wise for the two systems. Made me glad I got a 360 over a ps3. And not just for the multiplayer, but now for the graphics too!

http://play.tm/wire/click/1914946 click on the compared 8 games link in the first paragraph

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
yep, everyone swears the ps3 is better but in reality its not. Comparing the same games the 360 got higher frame rates along with using less processing power to play the games that the ps3 did. Xbox 360 FTW!!! :rockon:

lilmarc1988

Established Member
i got both so i dont give a **** which is better. most of my friends have 360 though so i have more games for that lol. im only getting like ps3 exclusives. everything else is for the 360

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
i got both so i dont give a **** which is better. most of my friends have 360 though so i have more games for that lol. im only getting like ps3 exclusives. everything else is for the 360

Don't forget you have the exclusive HD Media player, since HD-DVD exited stage a few months ago. I bought mine mostly for a cheap Bluray player, and some of the nice games of course :):banana:

bam

Established Member
If it takes an article to tell you that one's graphics is better than the other's, does it really matter? Different people play different systems for different games. Who cares which is "better?"

kuruma

Established Member
o dont get me wrong i bought the ps3 for movies too. thats mostly what i use it for anyway lol

To me thats a failure of a system. Bought to be used for movies! haha.

I was planning on doing the same thing actually. Maybe get grand turismo as well. but everything is is for 360. More games, multiplayer is phenomenal. Sure you gotta pay, but wtf is 50 a year anyhow? whatever i throw away that in 2 hours at a bar vs the countless hours i spend playing.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
i will be getting the MGS4 most likely, but i do think its very odd how most ps3 owners swear up and down every game is superior on their system when in reality it usually isnt even on par with the 360 versions-and every game reviewer admits it...after being a ps1 and ps2 i really hoped the ps3 would dominate..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Personal preference I guess. I always find myself sqinting to make things out whenever I play 360 so that's why I went with the PS3.

lilmarc1988

Established Member
i will be getting the MGS4 most likely, but i do think its very odd how most ps3 owners swear up and down every game is superior on their system when in reality it usually isnt even on par with the 360 versions-and every game reviewer admits it...after being a ps1 and ps2 i really hoped the ps3 would dominate..

QFT!!!!

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
PS3 here.

Had a 360 for a few months then sold it to a friend who got the ring of death.

Helped him get a brand new system, happy with my PS3 just because most people have 360''s.

It's nice to be different

97riocobra2

Established Member
I don't have either but have been researching so I can decide on which one to get. The Xbox has better graphics and processing power, and a better library of games. But the PS3 isn't that far behind in the graphics, I read that it is just harder for game makers to develop games to take advantage of the cell in the PS3. Plus PS3 has free online multiplayer and blueray. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, you just have to weigh which are important for you.

IcE

Established Member
Yeah, it's too hard to hell anyway lol, but as far as graphics goes the Devs haven't had the time to learn the PS3 as well as the 360 since the 360 has been out a lot longer. Expect PS3 graphics to get better and better as they do, should end up equaling out.

Raven519

Established Member
games like COD4 for both systems there isn't a difference in visuals at all basically...if the company does it right they will look pretty much the same on both systems...

i have both systems...PS3 for blu-ray movies and exclusive PS games...Xbox to play mostly cause my friends only have 360...haha

i do have this to say, build quality goes to PS3...1 PS3 compared to my 9 360s...so yea...haha

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
PS3 here too, bought for the Blu Ray capability as I went to buy a stand alone Blu Ray and for the same price I walked out with a new 80gb PS3. I've read that current games havent even broken the surface of what the PS3 is capable of..so the graphics may be improving if the games improve. I dont claim to be a pro gamer so I could be incorrect on that though.

I have been considering selling mine as it hasn't been used but maybe 4 hrs in the 6 months I've had it.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
360 owner here as well and couldn't be happier.

Plus I'm supporting an American company. . . . that has to mean something right? :shrug:

dudemang2

Established Member
surprise ending-unexpected winner
[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6q_19Llx-0"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6q_19Llx-0[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread