PS3 questions

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I decided to sell my 360 and get a PS3. I hardly play my 360 as it is, and I want a Blue-ray player for my new 1080p 120hz TV. I am in the market for a PS3 soon....is there anything I should wait it out for (ie new versions, combo deals, etc.)? I already have an HDMI cable that I use for my 360.

Thanks, Drew

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I haven't heard anything. I don't think they are going to drop any lower than $400, but that isn't bad price for what you are getting which is a top notch BluRay player and a top notch quality console with a decent internet browser. The BluRay is superb by the way, it will look great on your TV.

I'm kind of in the same boat you are. I only play one game at a time and that's COD4 so the whole gripe about having a weak library doesn't really matter because they have enough awesome PS3 only games to easily sustain you when you feel like playing.

Last edited:

KindaStock

Established Member
My roomate just bought one at a cd trade post for $300. It is a used 40 gig. We love it so far. Can't seem to play anything other than madden 09. Be sure to pick that title up

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
The only reason I would go for a PS3 right now for me would be Gran Turismo and just forgot the title but it has snake in it. I played COD4 on my buddy's 360 and its awesome. I had the 360 and I sold it due to the fact it scratched all my games and it was clean inside and all.

Chris C

Established Member
:beer:Id wait a bit the price may go down. Microsoft is slashing the prices by $50.00 across all models. I think it would be safe to assume Sony may do the same.:beer:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I just picked up the new 80gig today for the same reason, 1080p 120hz Samsung 52". Never playing on a ps3 and always on my Elite Xbox360, the PS3 just seems easier to use. Internet is faster, games load faster, etc. I like, but I couldnt give up my Xbox360.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
honestly you should of kept the 360, the ps3 has absolutely no good gaming titles worth mentioning and as 95% of the ps3 owners use the ps3 for gaming for like a month, and never use it again besides for bluray videos.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
the ps3 is a good choice ,even better if you dont game as much have both and use the 360 more for hd dvd's these days. As far as getting a ps3 wait a bit and check out places like slick deals. a buddy got one from a wallmart deal it was $400 but they gave you a $100 gift card.
If you are not worried about playing ps2 games get any model you like as you can upgrade the hd if you wish.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
honestly you should of kept the 360, the ps3 has absolutely no good gaming titles worth mentioning and as 95% of the ps3 owners use the ps3 for gaming for like a month, and never use it again besides for bluray videos.

98% of xbox 360 owners are homosexuals

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member

That's no argument, since it's still one of the the cheapest BluRay players on the market.

Last edited:

Mullet

Established Member
first off, you are an idiot and should only respond to threads where you actually have something useful to say.

Back on topic, your options if you want the ps3 today are:

A. You can get the 40GB model for $399 with a standard sixaxis controller no ps2 compatibility.
B. You can get the new 80GB core pack for $399 which is the exact same as the 40GB with just more storage(Don't know if you can find these in store yet)
C. The MGS4 80GB bundle which will give you Metal Gear Solid 4(a must buy), a Dualshock 3 controller and it also plays ps2 games all for $499. This is the best deal in my opinion even if you don't have any ps2 games as you should be buying a dualshock and metal gear anyway($115 bought separately)

If you want to wait until November there is a new 160GB bundle that will come with Uncharted(pretty good game) a dualshock controller but no ps2 support for $499.

Any other questions shoot me a pm.
PSN ID: namtellum if anyone wants to add me.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I have both and they each serve there purpose, my only complaint is the PS3 gets loud when watching movies the fan on off on off that really gets on my nerves, but awsome picture on the Plasma w/Bluray.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
I have both and they each serve there purpose, my only complaint is the PS3 gets loud when watching movies the fan on off on off that really gets on my nerves, but awsome picture on the Plasma w/Bluray.

Have you not heard how loud a 360 is??? :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread