PS3 motherboard

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
who said anything about xbox? :shrug:

Your fanboism is known far and wide. ;-)

I think it's funny that people with PS3 always have to insert some sort of great reason why the system failed because these were the same people bashing MS for XBOX failures. Doesn't matter how much you play it. The fact that your system died makes it a defected failure.

No excuse, it failed. Like anything else that gets used alot it can and likely will fail at some point. The XBOX RROD failed on newer systems and with a much higher failure rate than the PS3. I know my nephews 360 failed in under a year and I think it's RR'd again since.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Hope my launch day system doesn't need this anytime soon. I'd rather not send Sony another $100.

Let us know how it goes though.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
I need to clean my 60GB launch model as well. I may open it and Arctic Silver the heat sinks. I'm truly hoping I can get around the YLOD. If I happen to have issues, I'd rather pay the $150 for the 60GB again. I don't have a lot of PS2 games, but I do have some and the extra USB ports are great.

My xbox tried to RROD on me recently and I freaked out. I then opened it for the first time in 6 years and saw this...
IMG_20110616_222543.jpg

Cleaned it and it works great now. Time to open the PS3...(shudders)

Users who are viewing this thread