Proxy bypass?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Yeah, if you value your job, don't do it. Anything that is blocked at work can be viewed on you personal time. My job just installed a wicked filter that blocks almost everything. But luckily, SVTP isn't.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
we don't have very aggressive filters are work. I think I got blocked once since it was installed 2 years ago.

Nonetheless, i just rdesktop into my home computer and browse through it. They don't need to see what websites I visit, and it is much faster.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
XCELR8 said:
What is rdesktop?

Rdesktop is a remote desktop utility .. you won't be able to use that either.

You never did say if you were on an army base or Marines ... with that imformation I MIGHT be able to give you a little more help, but bottom line these clowns that are making recommendations are not in the military and most likely have not spent anytime down range so 99.9% of their suggestions are not going to work out here.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
While it is true, some of us clowns are not in the military and don't spend anytime down range and thus are not familiar with the entire infrastructure (open/closed ports, packet filtering, local security policies, etc), we do offer our help when we can.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
djc said:
While it is true, some of us clowns are not in the military and don't spend anytime down range and thus are not familiar with the entire infrastructure (open/closed ports, packet filtering, local security policies, etc), we do offer our help when we can.

Advice is all well and good ... except when it it irrelevent, Making recommendations for a proxy bypass when you don't know the infrastructure or the security protocols in place is putting someone's job at risk. they don't screw around out here which is what i said more than once. Successive attempts at firewall circumvention can and does raise flags ... which brings on unwanted attention which, in the case of a contractor out here can (and has) result in the contractor getting fired and in the case of a military person can (and has) resulted in reassignment and/or NJP.

As I have pointed out before there are a few things to try but I am not going to make any recommendations until I get more specifics on Where the OP is. He apparently doesn't want to say, and that is his perogative. but this thread will be looked at by others so accurate information is required rather than off the cuff suggestions.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
stupidcensorship.com (although it will give you away quickly)

i just managed to hack the firewall at work i can edit to allow certain sites
such as this one

Last edited:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
RDJ said:
Advice is all well and good ... except when it it irrelevent, Making recommendations for a proxy bypass when you don't know the infrastructure or the security protocols in place is putting someone's job at risk. they don't screw around out here which is what i said more than once. Successive attempts at firewall circumvention can and does raise flags ... which brings on unwanted attention which, in the case of a contractor out here can (and has) result in the contractor getting fired and in the case of a military person can (and has) resulted in reassignment and/or NJP.

As I have pointed out before there are a few things to try but I am not going to make any recommendations until I get more specifics on Where the OP is. He apparently doesn't want to say, and that is his perogative. but this thread will be looked at by others so accurate information is required rather than off the cuff suggestions.

I'm on a air base (Air Force) in the middle east. That's about as specific as I can/should get.

03silversvt said:
do a google on proxy servers

I already did that. I think I mentioned it in my first post.

Unoid said:
download firefox and google "tor"

you're welcome

The computers here prohibit downloading anything too.

Users who are viewing this thread