Pround new papa of a '00

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Three years ago I was forced to sell (let go) my Mach1, which I supercharged, because I needed a quick cash infusion for my business. After regaining my financial footing 2 years later I was on the hunt to replace my Mach with something similar in performance.

A few weeks ago I was on my way to Sam's Club when I spotted a Red Lightning in the parking lot of a dealership. After returning home with my six month supply of tuna, dish soap and toilet paper, I found the dealer's website and the truck. It was listed for $15,657.00 and had 51k on the odometer.

I immediately scheduled a visit and a test drive the next day. Unfortunately the next day it was raining when I arrived therefor I was limited in my performance test. Regardless the truck was amazing, excellent exterior condition with a minor scratch on the bottom of the front bumper. The interior was immaculate, the seat were in excellent condition, there were no scratches or scuffs on the door panels.

When I looked under the truck I found mid length headers, high flow cats and a magnaflow muffler. At that moment I ran into the salesman that sold the previous owner of the lightning a 2010 Shelby. He told me the previous owner told him the blower pulley was lowered the under drive pulley was larger, there were larger injectors and the spark plugs were modified and it was dyno tuned. I also found a wiring harness under the passengers seat that looked as if he was running a nitrous shot.

After some price haggling, we settled for $14k. When the paperwork was finalized I drove her off the lot. I was finally able to put my foot into her, holly shit at WOT, the scream of that supercharger was awesome!!! The rear wheels broke loose as I was thrown into the seat the exhaust roared so much loader and deeper than my old Mach. The torque was breath taking, I was giddy with laughter over the scream of the supercharger! Needless to say I damn near slept in the truck over night.

So after 6 years of reading post after post on this awesome website I have finally obtained and SVT vehicle.:bowdown::dancenana::pepper: I think I'll go on a very long ride today!

Last edited:

jhager172

Established Member
congrats. can also head over to lightningrodder where they have a ton of information as well. usually gets alot more traffic then here. post pics.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Thanks to all for the replies! I'm still in shock, every time I walk by the truck I just stare and smile at it.

I spent 5 hours Saturday detailing the engine bay, interior and managed to give her a quick clay barring. I will post some pics as soon as I get around to snapping a few photos of her.

My next task is to contact Justin @ JPC Performance here in Maryland and schedule a thorough inspection and dyno run.

Let the modding begin.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
And so now you know :)

I still have family and friends that think I'm crazy when I talk about the Lightning. They're like... why do you love that truck so much? And I'm like... well if you had one.. YOU WOULD KNOW!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I have so many mod questions to ask. I spent 20k modding my mach, I knew that car inside and out, I'm realizing quickly I know very little about modding a lightning.

My first question is, what website can I go to look at wheel tire combos. I'm looking for chrome wheels. My second question, how do I go about lowering the thing, it has the stock suspension.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Wheel combo's are tough for these trucks IMO. Not because there aren't enough wheels available for them, but because IMO there just aren't a lot of wheels that look nice (or at least nicer than the factory ones).

As far as lowering, I've yet to do mine, its definitely up there on my to-do list priority. To my knowledge though a set of drop spindles, shackles and hangars is all you need to get started.

Users who are viewing this thread