Props to Toyota

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm happy for the Toyota owners out there that the company is finally doing the right thing. A sticking throttle is a very bad thing, as evidenced by the number of deaths that have already occurred due to that issue.

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
Sticking throttle? Im pretty sure all the vehicles being recalled have the electronic sensors vs. the traditional throttle body cable.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Terminator's had the same issue. Accelerator pedal would get stuck in the carpet. I had Ford fix mine years ago now.

scoot the floor carpet back, second off this issue is causing full throttle acceleration issues, it almost impossible for a carpet to engage full throttle, it takes more force than the carpet weighs to push a throttle pedal down. try it out if you dont believe me, in neutral of course

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
scoot the floor carpet back, second off this issue is causing full throttle acceleration issues, it almost impossible for a carpet to engage full throttle, it takes more force than the carpet weighs to push a throttle pedal down. try it out if you dont believe me, in neutral of course

A cobra with half throttle stuck > prius with full throttle stuck. I never had the recall done on my cobra where they put a cover over the edge of the carpet to prevent the pedal sticking. There is a little room there and doesn't appear that it would even come close to catching on the carpet. There was a video floating around that showed a cobra mash the pedal around a corner and got totally out of control, jumped over the median and smashed into cars waiting at the stoplight. That wreck appeared to be a case of stuck accel pedal.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I bet this whole pedal sticking issue is costing Toyota a ton of money. Most definitely in the $100's of millions.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A cobra with half throttle stuck > prius with full throttle stuck. I never had the recall done on my cobra where they put a cover over the edge of the carpet to prevent the pedal sticking. There is a little room there and doesn't appear that it would even come close to catching on the carpet. There was a video floating around that showed a cobra mash the pedal around a corner and got totally out of control, jumped over the median and smashed into cars waiting at the stoplight. That wreck appeared to be a case of stuck accel pedal.

I've seen it happen to a Terminator on a dyno. It's not a pretty site.

Users who are viewing this thread