Proper supporting modifications for lowering '11 GT500? (occasional road course use)

djmano

Established Member
If I want to lower my vehicle the right way, which lower control arms would I need to purchase, adjustable or non-adjustable?

I have Koni Yellow sport shocks and want lowering springs to round out the package, but I know I should also install lower control arm relocation brackets and LCA's.

Now I don't go to the strip but I do go tracking once every few months. For road course use, which LCA type which you recommend and which brand? If I don't care about rear traction, just road course grip, will LCAs offer a big improvement?

Also which brand is known to make the best LCA relocation brackets/suspension components in general?

At Lethal Performance I see BMR, UPR, Metco, Steeda, Bob's, Maximum. Don't want to start a vendor war or anything but I just want the best for my baby.

Sorry this is getting long but thought I'd try to put all my questions into one thread.

Trying to make this as simple as possible......will lowering the car with just a panhard car actually decrease performance on a road course without UCAs/LCAs/Camber Plates?

Federico Garza

Established Member
I talked to MM and followed Tobs build up here in the gt500 section, I personall love all the MM designed parts

Steeda relocation brackets
MM rear control arms
Roush upper control arm
MM's H&R rear lowering springs
MM's adjustable panhard bar

I eliminated all signs of wheel hop with all those mods, and it corners extremely well, I have my bilstein damptronics awaiting the ecu, MM caster plates and prothane front control arm bushings pending installation to round up my suspension.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
OP, do a search for a thread started by me titled "Who Knew?" You can read my enthusiastic review of the difference a revamped rear suspension makes over stock. That thread covers every question you asked and then some. There are a lot of responses from some knowledgeable folks in it.

Users who are viewing this thread