Propane plant near me just blew up

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I see what you did there ;-)

haha, its not a secret, says it on the label and the website, instead of raising prices they stopped putting as much in them...which if a partially full bottle is more dangerous makes things that much more interesting.

YJSONLY

Established Member
sounds like 3 of them had pretty severe burns :(

50,000+ 20lb propane bottles, wonder how many already had their ~16lb fill :eek:

saw a pic on the local news site, place is just littered with bottles, said they expect to find some up to a half mile away or something like that

More like 15 pounds!

YJSONLY

Established Member
haha, its not a secret, says it on the label and the website, instead of raising prices they stopped putting as much in them...which if a partially full bottle is more dangerous makes things that much more interesting.

With something of this magnitude it don't matter..... It will be interesting to see the cause of it. I work/raised in the propane world. We just happened to have a Florida gas inspector at are office this morning and we was talking about it. More than likely they will find some sort of neglect or stupidity. A plant don't just catch on fire like that!

testorossa1989

Established Member
With something of this magnitude it don't matter..... It will be interesting to see the cause of it. I work/raised in the propane world. We just happened to have a Florida gas inspector at are office this morning and we was talking about it. More than likely they will find some sort of neglect or stupidity. A plant don't just catch on fire like that!

Thats what my thought is.

YJSONLY

Established Member
So an update. I was told that a relief valve was leaking on a tank which was ignited by a forklift. Then the fire was blowing on other tanks to start the chain reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread