Propane plant near me just blew up

01GTB

Established Member
Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
From WFTV:

UPDATE: Propane tank explosions at the Blue Rhino gas plant in Tavares have left 7 people hospitalized late Monday night. Three men with burns were airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center. Thankfully, all employees have been accounted for and no fatalities have been reported, authorities said.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just read this on the news. Thankfully, at least at this point, nobody has died. I hope those injured recover 100%.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sounds like 3 of them had pretty severe burns :(

50,000+ 20lb propane bottles, wonder how many already had their ~16lb fill :eek:

saw a pic on the local news site, place is just littered with bottles, said they expect to find some up to a half mile away or something like that

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I don't work around propane but I work around pressurized tanks of Chlorine and I'm always scared of something happening to them, let alone an entire plant. I hope everyone involved is alright, that's some scary stuff.

jrandy

Established Member
Wow. That must have been really scary to be an employee there when that started. I couldn't even imagine all that going down.

Hopefully the three severely injured have quick and full recoveries.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Saw this on the news this morning. It must have been frightening to be near it and watch the explosions. Hope no one is seriously injured.

01GTB

Established Member
A former production supervisor called in to the news station for an interview and stated partially filled tanks were more dangerous than complete full tanks. Don't know how true that is, but if thats the case no wonder they all exploded.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Is it just me, or has this been happening a lot lately?

Probably due to bullshit regulations/red tape that dont allow these plants to be built from new after their 20-30yr lifespan, forcing them to merely "upgrade/update" to somewhat attempt to keep up with new safety rules/regs and demand. All these plants and factories are falling way behind in terms of their ability to handle demand and safety improvements over time.

Youll likely see a bunch more to come, especially refineries.

Users who are viewing this thread