Project "Snake"

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Check it to make sure, but there is some play in the rubber mounts.
mine kinda fell into the holes in the k with a clunk:)

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Yea, I can move the mounts a little. I just didnt know if being my car isnt level if this was hurting me. I think I can lift it and get them into place. Just wanted to make sure.

Trying most of this alone I guess doesnt help. I think my father is going to give me a hand tomorrow.

Thanks

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Nah, I did it by myself. I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean. I litterally set it down on the k, the p-side fell into place and I had to push the d-side a little and it clunked right down into the holes for the mounts. Do you mean that the mounts aren't flush all the way down to the k?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
The beast is alive!!! Finally...I cranked her up about an hour ago!

Everything so far is good. I had to set the idle at 1000 to get it to idle.

Still smells alittle rich. Im going tomorrow to get it dyno tuned, if I can get the suspension back together tonight or tomorrow by noon.

I hope to video it tomorrow on the dyno and I will post it after that.

Thanks for all the help guys!

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Results will be in tomorrow. I got the car back on the ground, hood back on, aligned the best I could. Doesnt overheat, no oil leaks, etc....

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Take your 1/4 drive and a jug of water and keep your eye on that temp gauge just in case, ask me how I know:)

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
lol..yea, I was expecting that today. I filled it, ran it for about 20 minutes till it got to temp, let it cool off then topped both off. Its a short drive to the dyno but I will have water and my wrench just incase!

What is your idle set at?

I have to keep mine at 1000 to keep it running. It probably just in the tune sice its running rich?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have a feeling its in the tune with longer duration cams and all. Plus since the battery has been unhooked the computer "forgot" all the previous information from older drive cycles. A Tune should get it done, either that or there is a tiny vacuum leak. Hope she puts down some nice numbers.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
lol..yea, I was expecting that today. I filled it, ran it for about 20 minutes till it got to temp, let it cool off then topped both off. Its a short drive to the dyno but I will have water and my wrench just incase!

What is your idle set at?

I have to keep mine at 1000 to keep it running. It probably just in the tune sice its running rich?

I kept a jug in my car for about a week. I kept having issues with it so I wanted to make sure.

My idle is set at 800. When I start it cold, it will sit at 1000 for a few minutes, then it settles down to 800. Nice and smooth. Did you get a mail order tune to start up? If not, I bet that is it. You know what's going suck? I bet you make as much power as I did:( Well, that's good for you I guess.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
it is just a tune to get it to the dyno. the custom tune will be done the.

what kinda numbers did you make?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
346rwhp/299ftlbs. :( But, I ran out of fuel at 6000 rpm and the tune was really conservative, so I have some more timing to put it. I swapped fuel pumps to a Focus pump and installed a wideband. I am waiting on an adapter to datalog the A/F on my laptop and increase the timing. I hope my cam timing isn't off. So, we should see. I was peaking at 6500 when I should peak at 7200 :(

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
No offence, but I hope I make more power than that. I was at 332/328 prior to the Heads, cams, and PSR.

I wanted to get it dynoed today but they were packed so I got another appt for Tuesday night.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
What LSA did you go with on the cams? Any chop in the idle or is pretty smooth since its idling at 1K RPM

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
No offence, but I hope I make more power than that. I was at 332/328 prior to the Heads, cams, and PSR.

I wanted to get it dynoed today but they were packed so I got another appt for Tuesday night.

What, do you think 340 was my goal with FR500 intake, FR500 cams, and ported heads? :poke:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
lol....I know it wasnt. I hope you get it straightened out. I want a fr500 intake, I bet that thing pulls hard.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
lol....I know it wasnt. I hope you get it straightened out. I want a fr500 intake, I bet that thing pulls hard.

I had planned to do a before dyno, but since it is an hour and a half away, I didn't. I wish I had, just to know if I just have a factory turd.

Users who are viewing this thread