Project "LSX Killer"

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Got these from JPC this week.
A0291C8A-2727-4F40-BE89-2E5F30CF67D3_zpshgpzgxtw.jpg

Unfortunately I can not wait much longer to get boost on the car and had to proceed without the twinturbo50.com kit. I was initially sad that I couldnt get that kit within my time frame and IMO is going to be one of if not possibly the baddest kit made for these cars.

I made a call to my boy Eric at JPC and got to discussing their kit a little more seriously. I am very picky about my mods but when it comes to a turbo set up, that is true 10 times over. So naturally, I wanted specific changes to the standard kit. After talking numbers and bugging Eric on the phone multiple times a day for almost a full week, we got everything settled and my turbo kit is currently being built and will start recieving parts for the next few weeks. The great thing about JPC and their turbo kit, is they will work with you on giving you the kit that you want. Unlike the other kits, there are many options that they are willing to offer or change to meet your needs or goals. I am extremely happy with what we came up with and am excited to get this thing together and take it to them for a dyno tune. More pics and details coming soon......

Im Glad I could help. No worries on all the phone calls and talks. Thats what im hear for. I sure we will be chatting when your doing the install as well. I think this thing is going to be a beast.

I will be in touch early next week with all the shipping information.

just wondering what kind of changes did you want to their kit? if you don't mind sharing with us boost freaks :) I can't wait to turbo my mustang but it's going to have to wait another 2 yrs till I beef up the rear end, trans, and engine as you have done already.

We set him up with a custom Air to water setup

Its a custom 1200hp Air to Water front mount. We are also going to supply a custom made 7 gallon Ice tank, water pump and the all the AN fittings to go front to back. Its going to be a wicked setup.

:beer:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Eric you guys open today? I wanted to talk to you about something but didnt want to wait until monday. lol

toomnymods

Established Member
Im Glad I could help. No worries on all the phone calls and talks. Thats what im hear for. I sure we will be chatting when your doing the install as well. I think this thing is going to be a beast.

Its a custom 1200hp Air to Water front mount. We are also going to supply a custom made 7 gallon Ice tank, water pump and the all the AN fittings to go front to back. Its going to be a wicked setup.

sounds kinda like my trucks turbo setup.. what are you guys doing as far as the header manifold issue?? Are you guys including turbo manifolds with your setup? could you pm me a price for your kit? Have you guys thought about offering a twin kit? Looks soooo damn sexy under the hood..

Eric@jpc

Established Member
sounds kinda like my trucks turbo setup.. what are you guys doing as far as the header manifold issue?? Are you guys including turbo manifolds with your setup? could you pm me a price for your kit? Have you guys thought about offering a twin kit? Looks soooo damn sexy under the hood..

our kit works with the stock headers. you can upgrade to a shorty like JBA or kooks.

we have no interest in making a twin kit. There are already 3-4 twin kits out there. The market would not be able to support 4.

i wil shoot you a PM :beer:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I got the 2.66 first gear in the trans and put a 4.10 in the rear. I think the turbos will love the tall first gear

From what I have seen, would you not want to go with a TALLER gear with the turbo setup? 4.10's will not give the turbos enough time to spool in the lower gears. I would think 3.15-3.31 would be ideal.

Benchracer

Established Member
With the magnum a 4.10 is close to a 3.31 with mt82 I believe.

I have the 2.66 first gear too. There are ways to get a turbo to spool with either gear though. I used to have a 2.0 mitsubishi with a 67mm journal bearing turbo and a relatively large turbine housing(.84a/r) and could get it to build 30psi on the starting line, and it would hold it between shifts.

Benchracer

Established Member

Not to mention the dual ball bearing upgrade. :dancenana:

Benchracer

Established Member
Decided to ditch the -8 feed line and filter for a -10 to make sure I dont starve the engine of fuel with higher demands of E85
F096A60D-9220-4060-B9D9-698092B989E5_zpskndantfn.jpg

Box showed up today with the ice box hose, oil drain hose, vacuum/air hose, a TON of Fragola fittings, two Precision wastegates, K&N air filter and breather filters, silicone couplers, t bolt clamps, V-band clamps, heat wrap, and some brass fittings.
1BEE9A10-4E7B-4B9F-B524-8F24883B3C3A_zpssopwqlb1.jpg

869AD23D-A74E-40DD-8876-A1136BE83573_zpsdselmwix.jpg

Then another box showed up with some exhaust/hot side stuff
1D6654F6-CB39-40ED-9422-40BC6C516D48_zpsyabwzioj.jpg

And another box showed up with a custom fan shroud and slim fan
11E6695C-9918-46ED-B200-03838C807A8F_zpsamofay9v.jpg

I got another package with an aluminum radiator support.
33EA68E1-4B80-4AE6-93C9-32AA1F8C668B_zpsuiszqwci.jpg

More parts on the way............... ::eek:ohyea::

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Hey i just saw all that stuff a few days ago... :)

Looking good man, cant wait to see this come together. Ice tank should be done in a few days and the intercooler cold side and the rest of your parts will be in route!!

Benchracer

Established Member
Hey i just saw all that stuff a few days ago... :)

Looking good man, cant wait to see this come together. Ice tank should be done in a few days and the intercooler cold side and the rest of your parts will be in route!!

Awesome!!! Im getting pretty excited to put this all on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread