Project DRKHRSE 2013 GT Build

j3st3r

Established Member
let me know... I am in the market for that specific intake and a tune... leaning towards the bama tune right now, but can be swayed

so far have picked up 2 seconds at the track....car feels really really strong!!

I am running right near the top for lap times.....car has impressed the hell out of me and a lot of people at the track!!

some of the top laptime cars at the track include
Boss Laguna Seca
2 supercharged Z06 Vettes
700hp twin turbo 996 Porsche
and happily Me!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snjh1n
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j3st3r

Established Member
5/24

Getting ready for track!

Camber Plates Installed
Memphis018-XL.jpg

Alignment

Memphis002-XL.jpg

Mandatory Blue Tape
Memphis009-XL.jpg

Corbeau Seat Installed

Memphis011-XL.jpg

Memphis013-XL.jpg

BTW...I think the factory seat weighs just under a metric TON...HOLY
Memphis006-XL.jpg

Memphis005-XL.jpg

Packed and ready
Memphis010-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/25

At the track!!

Time to go through Tech
Memphis012-XL.jpg

Memphis014-XL.jpg

Memphis015-XL.jpg

I think for most people when they saw/see the track map of the Memphis road course they think....looks boring, just one big straight and a couple corners.....
mmp.gif

Well have to say..DO NOT judge this book by its cover, this turned out to be a pretty damn fun road course, will definitely try and attend events there whenever possible!

First Session of the Day...my fastest time was a 1:30...well off the fastest times by the Z06's running 1:25's

By the end of the day I had managed to get my time down to 1:20:78 with a passenger on board, the fastest time was a 1:18 for one of the Z06's and a 1:19 by the other supercharged Z06....felling pretty damn good about my times considering I am on street tires, filled with Nitrogen, and have much less HP. Was a great day at the track, these guys put on some of the best events I have ever been too!

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/26

Time to step it up a bit..

JLT CAI, and Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Memphis017-XL.jpg

Memphis020-XL.jpg

Car feels like a different animal...it is VERY responsive off the turns, and is now reving out past 7k

Second session of the day....DRKHRSE...pulls off a 1:18:42!!! Supercharged Z06 is still in the 1:19's.

Long story short....I cant tell you how impressed I am with this car, I knew I had chosen the right parts, and I knew the car was going to be good...but DAMN it was AWESOME. Had a lot of people stop by and give nothing but compliments on the driving and the car. I believe i was the only one with a 2013 at the track. There was a Boss Leguna Seca, and a Roush, along with a Roush engineer at the track as well.

Cant wait to get some sticky tires on this and get it to Barber in October!

Top speed on the straight for me was 142.5, here is the break down of speeds from my AIM Solo
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8UUuUOY4_-deGJxd2ptc0szR0E

and some initial videos
[video=youtube;E4hXfTmOvIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hXfTmOvIw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;ONOSDInbXdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONOSDInbXdg[/video]

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
How are the springs / shocks performing? Did you notice a lot more rebound damping with the new Eibach kit?

Do you have understeer or oversteer? please describe the handling. Those are some narrow tires i know i have them too! Can't wait to put the d-force wheels on next week with some wider rubber.

Nice camber plates!! Now you need some AST's :) How much negative did you go with at the track?

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
How are the springs / shocks performing? Did you notice a lot more rebound damping with the new Eibach kit?

Do you have understeer or oversteer? please describe the handling. Those are some narrow tires i know i have them too! Can't wait to put the d-force wheels on next week with some wider rubber.

Nice camber plates!! Now you need some AST's :) How much negative did you go with at the track?

I actually only have the front Eibach shocks on, I stripped one of the rear shocks...#$%@, so I had to just run the stock rear shocks. The car is unbelievable stable, car did not push once, and I was going into the first turn from 142mph and still carrying 80+mph through the carousel on the stock tires and had zero push. after the carousel I was in 4th gear pinned down hill right then into a left hand fairly flat corner...everyone that rode with me said they were scared $hitless because they thought for sure the back end was going to just come out. In the drivers seat however I did not get that feeling at all...I pushed and pushed there and the back end remained planted!! The track especially in that area was a little bumpy, but the Eibachs seemed to soak these up quite nicely.
The first session of the day I ran with all the traction control on....HATED IT...when the car got a little out of shape through the tight kinks with oversteer, I was not able to drive through it with the throttle...traction control kicked in and pretty much removed the ability to apply throttle...lost a lot of time there.

As far as negative camber....I pushed them all the way negative!! It was a lot, probably close to 4 degrees I would guess, but I knew I needed all it could take with the stock tires. The plates worked flawless, no noise, super easy to adjust, and no problems all day. Also remember I was pushing this car/tires/setup, and it was 94+ degrees both days...the car never flitched once, temps were perfect...and to my amazement...I did not even have any brake fade and this was definitely a track where you were hard on the brakes from speed. This was a surprise because the Boss Leguna Seca did have brake fade in the session where I was chasing him. Also since the tires were filled with Nitrogen I did not adjust the air pressure at all either day, just ran it.

All in all have to say I am VERY happy with the setup, I could not have asked for a better time or showing from the vehicle. Most of the cars I was running with had 100+HP or more on me, and being able to best most of their times brought a big smile to my face.

Last edited:

B.Richards

Established Member
Keep up the good work bro!!! I dont post here mainly other mustang forums but i heard about your build and had to come check it out!!! Very impressive!!! Love seeing a man not afraid to use his new car the way it was made to be!! Do you like your seat over the Racaro factory seats if you have sat in them yet? And where did the harness attach to at the top I didn't see a cage? Keep the updates coming bud I love it!!

j3st3r

Established Member
Keep up the good work bro!!! I dont post here mainly other mustang forums but i heard about your build and had to come check it out!!! Very impressive!!! Love seeing a man not afraid to use his new car the way it was made to be!! Do you like your seat over the Racaro factory seats if you have sat in them yet? And where did the harness attach to at the top I didn't see a cage? Keep the updates coming bud I love it!!

I had the Corbeau already from my previous setup, so it was obviously much cheaper to go that route for me. I have sat in the Recaros, very nice, but have not used them on the track or driven with them, so cant really give you a good assessment as to how good or bad they may be.

The harnesses are bolt in, and the attachment point I used in the rear was the rear seat latch holes.

Folded rear seat down
harness002-1-XL.jpg

Removed the latch plate via the 2 screws
harness004-XL.jpg

harness005-XL.jpg

Then you can either use one of the factory bolts that you took out of the latch plate....
harness006-1-XL.jpg

Or...what really nice is there is another hole back there, that looks like its made just for it!!
Simple bolt, washers and a nylock nut

harness008-1-XL.jpg

harness010-1-XL.jpg

harness014-1-XL.jpg

harness001-XL.jpg

Couple more videos...
[video=youtube;0sPbCB30s1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPbCB30s1Y[/video]

[video=youtube;ptvjwhc9tkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvjwhc9tkQ[/video]

Last edited:

5ohpowa

Established Member
Did u get a airbag warning light after the seat swap? I would love to swap some corbeaus in and i still have the elimator(resistor) plugs leftover from my '05 are these the same?

j3st3r

Established Member
Did u get a airbag warning light after the seat swap? I would love to swap some corbeaus in and i still have the elimator(resistor) plugs leftover from my '05 are these the same?

I did get the airbag light, I just used I believe a 10ohm resistor across the terminals and it eliminated the air bag light. Also I don't keep my Corbeau's in the car full time, just while at the track.

j3st3r

Established Member
6/4

Consistent Shifts...
I did experience the lock-out a few times at the track...so

Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket

Barton004-XL.jpg

Barton003-XL.jpg

Barton002-XL.jpg

Barton001-XL.jpg

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
I had the Corbeau already from my previous setup, so it was obviously much cheaper to go that route for me. I have sat in the Recaros, very nice, but have not used them on the track or driven with them, so cant really give you a good assessment as to how good or bad they may be.

The harnesses are bolt in, and the attachment point I used in the rear was the rear seat latch holes.

Folded rear seat down
harness002-1.gif

Removed the latch plate via the 2 screws
harness004.gif

harness005.gif

Then you can either use one of the factory bolts that you took out of the latch plate....
harness006-1.gif

Or...what really nice is there is another hole back there, that looks like its made just for it!!
Simple bolt, washers and a nylock nut

harness008-1.gif

harness010-1.gif

harness014-1.gif

harness001.gif

Couple more videos...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0sPbCB30s1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ptvjwhc9tkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

awesome videos man.

j3st3r

Established Member
6/16

New track shoes...

New track setup 19x9.5 SVE Drifts with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275.40.19 @ all 4 corners

SVE001-XL.jpg

SVE007-XL.jpg

SVE011-XL.jpg

SVE012-XL.jpg

SVE017-XL.jpg

SVE019-XL.jpg

SVE029-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
6/21

No more blue tape!

InvisiBra/Clear Bra

Today turned out to be a very interesting day...first

Time to get the Invisibra installed
clrbra001-XL.jpg

clrbra004-XL.jpg

clrbra003-XL.jpg

showthread.php

clrbra029-XL.jpg

While there...they also began the black out of a 1300awh Underground Racing twin turbo Lamboghini Gallardo!!
clrbra021-XL.jpg

clrbra009-XL.jpg

clrbra014-XL.jpg

clrbra013-XL.jpg

clrbra007-XL.jpg

Which is one of the meanest **** things I have ever heard!!
[video=youtube;uRbWIIqcDc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbWIIqcDc4[/video]

and then out friend Cliff showed up(normally in his 700+awh twin turbo 996) with his new GTR!!
clrbra034-XL.jpg

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Sweet. You may want to remove pictures of the license plate on the Lamborghini since it isn't yours.

j3st3r

Established Member
sweet ride man. your a doing some tasteful upgrades.

also side note the spohn panhard is probably the best design but does have more NVH compared to the bmr and some others. OP have you noticed much added noise with this panhard?

Thought I would finally respond to this, and some impressions of the Spohn panhard bar this far....

I will start with I guess the positives....definitely notice a difference when this bar is on the car, the rear end simply feels solid and planted. While at the track I was very happy how the rear end felt, even high speed corners trail braking the rear felt very solid. Installation was simple, took all of 20 minutes to install, no special tools required. The bar also has zirc fittings, I guess in case down the line you decide it needs greased, and is one of the best engineered bars I have seen to date.

Now to some negatives(in my opinion)

The the passenger side adjustment nut, is nearly impossible to get a wrench into when mounted in the vehicle, as you can see from the picture below, the nut actually sits up in the stock bracket, so you cant really get a wrench in there.
Mustang005-1.gif

The other thing, as people have mentioned, and is very true with this one is noise. This became so much of an issue for me that I have decided to take it off for any daily driving and just install it for the track. The noise, or what I hear as clunking, was especially true at low speed. I had the car up on jack stands twice because of this noise to check and see if something else in the rear end/suspension area was loose....although I was fairly certain it was the bar. I did not notice any vibration issues thought.

So final assessment:
For what I do with my car, which is a lot of road course track days, I love it, and would highly recommend it. Its well built/engineered, does a fantastic job of controlling the rear end, and I am sure will last for ever.

For daily driving....ehhh..this is probably way over kill, and is pretty serious unit for a daily driven car. The noise is definitely there, and as I said it got to a point for me where I simply could not live with it on the daily roads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread