progress pics and some opinions please

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I've been finishing up the wiring and trying to figure out how to finish the trunk area. I have the AEM meth system on the left side, rear mount battery on the right side, along with the cutoff switch, circuit breakers and relays.

I bought a billet single bottle bracket for the nitrous to mount in the middle. In the pics you can see how I mocked it up with a 8" rockford sub on each side of the nitrous bottle. The amps will be farther back mounted at an angle near the back seat.

First I would like opinions on the set up, then some honest opinions on the lighting. I ran a blue LED strip where you cannot see it but it illuminates the trunk when the lid is opened. The problem with any colored LED is it can look "fast and furious". I kinda like the way it turned out, but would like to hear others opinions.

New polished Canton coolant exp tank installed
picsandvids154.jpg

mocked up nitrous and subs
picsandvids141.jpg

lighting (this is without the carpet/panels etc.)
picsandvids143.jpg

Autometer phantom gauges with green bulbs lit up
picsandvids129.jpg

instruction and wiring diagrams etc., you learn to do this when you get old lol.
picsandvids127.jpg

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
i actually like where you're going with that. for what its worth, i have a neon light tube in my truck as well, powered from the factory switch so it only comes on when the trunk is open. i like how bright yours is, i may have to upgrade to a brighter tube. i say stay with it!

zPipes

Established Member
You know whats funny, I also have been tossing around the idea of LED's, in car and undercar. Just for fun every now and then, or to show off the car, w/e. I remember back 15 years ago we would put led's on our cars and it was cool as hell. But then fast and furious came out and your right, it gave the impression of leds being associated with imports and little rice burners.

Your car looks amazing btw, someday I hope to have an engine bay like that lol. I like the trunk setup, looks clean.

Users who are viewing this thread