Production Challenger SRT8 Pics finally live...

JoePac

Established Member
just throw a blower on it and have fun in a straight line. if you can get a lightning into the elevens with a blower swap and a few supporting mods (and a new bottom end), there's no reason this car can't do the same. btw, the only reason i excuse the weight is because of the completely awesome looks this car has. also, i hear 525 hp for '09. btw, since this car is 600 pounds lighter than a L, i doubt a new rotating assembly would be necessary. of course, i don't have a clue as to how dodge configured the internals on this thing.

Well I heard as well they will make a 09' Lighting 550 hp and a gt 500KR 09' 700 hp. I guess we will see.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Yeah, it's a good looking car...but, with the weight and power numbers they are talking it is gonna have the performance numbers of a stock 98 or 99 Cobra. For the same money, there is no way I would take that car over a GT 500 or a C6.

antsrt4

Big Turby
Established Member
Yeah, it's a good looking car...but, with the weight and power numbers they are talking it is gonna have the performance numbers of a stock 98 or 99 Cobra. For the same money, there is no way I would take that car over a GT 500 or a C6.

+1,000,000

I love the looks, but damn thats the only difference between this and the charger. 13.3 1/4 mile? Why not high to mid 12s 1/4 for $40 F-in thousand

If I am spending $40,000 on a car it will need more than looks to get me behind the wheel. It has to have the potential of a vette or a 500. If ford were to FAIL the GT500 and make it a 3800-3900 lb car with no SC then they would have done exactly what dodge did......FAIL

G. El Dorado

Established Member

It'll have the performance #'s of an SRT Charger. Last I checked those were quite a bit faster than a 98 or 99 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread