Production Challenger SRT8 Pics finally live...

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
STROKD i want to have sex with your 86' GT...and that is reeeally saying something because i HATE the 4-eyed cars:bowdown:

and about the challenger...that interior is horrible:xpl:

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Hey there's always the original 70-74 Challengers ('70 being the best :) ) They don't weigh 2 tons. Plus they look better. And they'll accept a big block no problem.

Came real close to 2 tons with a Hemi - http://www.carcraft.com/roadtests/867/index.html

With the size difference, crash standards and all the stuff it has over a 70 model, I'm amazed it's only 230lbs heavier. Hell the new Camaro will be 3-400lbs heavier than the 2002 model, and they have pretty much the same features save for the IRS.

I'm sure you could get a big block to fit in it, but why would you want to? The 6.1 heads flow better stock than most aftermarket B/RB heads and the block can be taken out to 440ci. Not to mention a 6.1 is the size and weight of a small block with aluminum heads.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
what a mean looking car. I think I am going to have to rob something and get one. I cant wait to see one on the road.

Whistler98

Established Member
All new vehicles just keep getting heavier and heavier. My 98 only weighs 3,250 lol I remember when that was alot.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
holy shananagins. THis makes the 3rd retro new muscle car i cant buy. I say myself and the couple other guys that mentioned banks work out some kind of plan... Oh wait, mark up. Yea even robbing a bank wouldnt help!

Edit: as for the weight, its due to safety regulations. The old muscle cars were light simply because they didnt have as strict of safety requirements. Also those big rims, interior, seats etc. dont help much either

Last edited:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Well I mean looking @ the car I could tell it was heavy. It is a pretty big vehicle (I have seen it person @ the auto show). I think it is very nice looking car, it would be a nice cruiser and me personally I would just leave it stock. I would wait for the 6 speed though.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Doesn't do it for me. Looks like the concept challenger with a new grille and spoiler. Interior must be from an Avenger. And automatic??

Jesus, I really just lost all of my desire for that car. I can't believe you would design that car to be that heavy.

Well the seats alone look like they weigh abut 250 lbs each. I don't understand why SRT can't put a decent seat in anything but the Viper.

myndgruv

Established Member
wow they brought the guys from american chopper on there for 5 mins... i wonder how much they paid for that one.

Its a nice car no doubt, heavy and fat as a pig, and i like how they kept comparing the stats to the gt500. But its easy to make a car that will out perform something that has been out for a couple years now ya know?

But all that said.. i would buy one in a heartbeat.. Its a beautiful car on the outside. Im sure dealers will mnake a KILLING on the first run of the srt8s though

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
If this car was a Ford, it would be the mother****in apocalypse on this board. Like flames scorching baby kittens because of all the vitriol spewing forth about what a piece of crap it is. The Corvette would have been referenced 93 times in the first 2 pages of the thread.

The amount of bitching about the GT500 being an overpriced and overweight pig has been astronomical. Now there is a car that costs about 4k less (over 40k base price factoring in the tier 4 gas guzzler status), weighs over 200 pounds more, and has 75 horsepower less, that gets 13/18mpg and runs 13s, and people are diggin it. Go figure! :lol1:

(fwiw, regardless of the fact that this is not a fast or high performance car, it does look very cool on the outside in the killer orange color. I much prefer the Challenger look to the Camaro.)

2003 Silver

Banned
The seats look fantastic! See Ford....body colored mirrors, no 4x4 look, nice fuel door....if they can build it, why can't you?

Users who are viewing this thread