Procharger

1FSTGT

Established Member
well, im having troble deciding on a new charger, right now i have a ps1 procharger that i have not installed yet but my plans have changed, i wanted to buy either the ds1 or the f1a but i got confused because i went to the procharger web site and i saw a f1r and a d1r i really want the f1a but does anyone know the diff in this systems

mustanginky

Established Member
more boost w/less strain. more efficient blowers. different gear cases and impellars. between the p1 and the F1 there's a large difference. For a street car not trying to make more than 550 hp i'd say the D1 would be fine. Anything more and the F1 is what you'd want to go with.

1FSTGT

Established Member
more boost w/less strain. more efficient blowers. different gear cases and impellars. between the p1 and the F1 there's a large difference. For a street car not trying to make more than 550 hp i'd say the D1 would be fine. Anything more and the F1 is what you'd want to go with.

Im trying to make at least 750 to the wheels, but was confused with the f1a and the f1r

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the F1A will fit in the same mount as the D1/P1. The F1R is a completely different set up.

TClark22

Established Member
yea...call procharger to double check on if the F1a will fit on the p1/d1 bracket.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Im trying to make at least 750 to the wheels, but was confused with the f1a and the f1r

Wow 750 Using an F1.........certainly not impossible but this car will be far from streetable. You would be running upwards of 25 psi. 110 octane will be the only thing your car can drink. Since you have not installed the blower yet, I suggest you sell it, then buy a turbo kit. In the end the F1 set up will be just as much as a Turbo kit. You can make 750 with the turbo and dial down the boost to run on pump gas.

TClark22

Established Member
^^i disagree...a local 2v makes around 740 with an f1 and it is streetable...

but i do agree...a turbo would be a better choice...whether its twins or a single t76 or t88

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
I'm im in the process of putting together my 97 with a driverside mounted, cog driven F1.

The guy I worked w/ at procharger told me to expect 20psi on my stock heads and somewhere in the 700hp range. I made it clear to them I plan to drive it as often as possible.

blownaltered

Established Member
yea...call procharger to double check on if the F1a will fit on the p1/d1 bracket.
It will, I originally had a p1sc on my 01 GT and I now have a f1a on the same bracket and pipes. You will also need to buy the procharger race bpv, the one for the p1 is not big enough. Go eight rib also so you don't have belt slip

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
It will, I originally had a p1sc on my 01 GT and I now have a f1a on the same bracket and pipes. You will also need to buy the procharger race bpv, the one for the p1 is not big enough. Go eight rib also so you don't have belt slip

you are correct on the bracket fitting. but you dont need a 8 rib unless your running a pulley smaller than a 3.4
and a 3.4 on a f1 would be a a ton of boost.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^i disagree...a local 2v makes around 740 with an f1 and it is streetable...

but i do agree...a turbo would be a better choice...whether its twins or a single t76 or t88

I suppose it comes down to what a person would consider streetable. At those power levels with the F1 you would have to be running on race fuel all the time. Thats waaaaaay to costly for me. Plus 750 rwhp on the street is quite the hand full. IMPO 650 rwhp is about the most you want in a "street car." But then again its just my opinion. To the OP, you can get a single turbo for around $6k these days. And usually that will include tubular K member, coil overs, CC plates, etc. In the end, you will likely spend just as much as with the F1. Benefit of the turbo is you can control the amount of boost and power at the touch of a button, and there is no parasitic loss. More hp with less boost. If I could do it all over again I would have saved my money just a little longer and would have got the Hellion turbo kit.

spxxdy86

RUN UR CAR NOT UR MOUTH
Established Member
Wow 750 Using an F1.........certainly not impossible but this car will be far from streetable. You would be running upwards of 25 psi. 110 octane will be the only thing your car can drink. Since you have not installed the blower yet, I suggest you sell it, then buy a turbo kit. In the end the F1 set up will be just as much as a Turbo kit. You can make 750 with the turbo and dial down the boost to run on pump gas.

+1 i got 650rwhp at 17 degrees timing and 105 octane....thats 18psi and very hard ta keep on tha ground:burnout:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Stick with the F1A, I had a D1SC sold that, then decided on going turbo, it will be WAY MORE than the procharger. You need a bunch on miscellaneous items that add up quick. Here is just a sample of what I bought.

Hellion Kit +6183.00
Ball Bearing Upgrade +400.00
Procharger Race Bypass +400.00 I deleted the Turbo XS that comes with the kit
Convert Kit to Blow Thru +350.00 You dont want to run either setup on a standard draw thru.
Boost Controller +530.00 Blitz I-Color
MAS Air Meter +200.00 PMAS Slotted Style MAF
Intercooler Upgrade +???.?? The Hellion Intercoolrt has high IAT's get something bigger. Also if you get the F1A get the procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler.
4" Downpipe +900.00 spools quicker and makes more power at less boost.

These are just some of the things you need to be aware of. From a drastic cost saving
perspective I would have gotten the F1A.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
So from what I listed your around 9K in parts, and dont forget about the install and tune. And the install on a procharger compared to a turbo is day & night.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
So from what I listed your around 9K in parts, and dont forget about the install and tune. And the install on a procharger compared to a turbo is day & night.

+1 on the install night and day.
but you could get a used kit that someone has already put together for you far less than 9K
ive seen some HP and THP kits for sale for around the 5-6K range
granted thats still probably a tad more than you will pay on a F1 kit but, you could run a steet tune when you want and turn it up to a race setting with the flick of a switch.
put down more tq then the F1
I just sold my old procarger and everything that suppoted it, and bought a turbo kit with out paying any thing extra.
just food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread