Procharger Red Race Bypass Guys in here..

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i have a turbonetics godzilla BOV...my guess would be i have no choice but to hear the loud "screech" it almost sounds like bad brakes....

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Me and my buddy have the open and closed versions, his is very loud and does become annoying after a while, driving is car sounds like a runway at the airport, mine however only lets off sound while letting off the gas.

Now if my exhaust wasn't so loud LOL.....

I am reading your post like you mean respectively, but for clarification, which version does your friend have?

allgo90

Established Member
post up some videos...I want the Procharger race open valve, I've only heard it once in person on a Vortech car and it sounded sick.

-venom-

Established Member
I stumbled on this thread searching for a good price on prochargers red valve. I may have some info to help some of you out. Everyone must understand that superchargers like the procharger while at idle lets air out to the atomosphere or back in. Since the procharger does not have a waste gate like a turbo the bypass must act like a waste gate and blow off valve. In a turbo the waste gate bleeds off boost to control PSI and blowoff to prevent the back wave that is created when the throttle blade is closed when shifting. Prochargers bypass valve does both. Stays open at 0 or higher vac to bleed off boost and opens during shifts.

I have the new metal bypass valve on my blow thru setup. Everyone says my car sounds like a jet engine. IMO that black metal valve is a poorly designed just grab one and close it and blow on it. I had to adjust the valve not because it needed adjustment on the screw but because the link that connects the valve to the butterfly is not bent/angled correctly. Although it closes better I dont trust it and going to upgrade.

For those that want to quiet the valve just add a k&n fliler at the end. I actually removed my filter to make it louder. Here is a vid with the filter on the end of the black bypass. You may want to select HQ option to watch and listen in High Quality [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqqIODDTZZE]YouTube - Blow thru Procharged Mustang[/ame]

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
sounds like since switching to the enclosed version there is more air rushing out a smaller hole, unlike the open version which has alot more room for the air to escape...either recirculate it or stick with the open one...both sound sick.

i am running the proflow and it seems to be working fine for me! recirculated using a draw-thru setup at around 10psi

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I put a small air filter on my enclosed and it didnt fix the squeal....

I was reading on some forum and some guy said it sounded like a "pissed veloci raptor".. haha

Last edited:

-venom-

Established Member
Thanks guys for the props still needs a good paint job but all in due time.

I dont get a squeal but a chiping noise like a bird when I let off and in a gear. Its not as bad if I open the valve more but more air comes out and it takes longer for the valve to close. I "thinks" that the butterfly is causing all these wierd sounds since the air has to pass through it.

If you guys want to see how the red valve from procharger works this is a good vid. Just incase you want to have a wild cam and a blow thru you may have to deal with crickets :lol1:.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIbWZiFxw0]YouTube - procharger blowthru mustang walkaround[/ame]

Last edited:

allgo90

Established Member
hey venom, i may be wrong but i believe that flutter sound your car is making might be blower surge, which can be very bad for the seals..
here's how my car sounds with the stock bypass open: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAJMzjxhUM]YouTube - procharged cobra running open bypass[/ame]

btw, where are you located? those streets look familiar

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member

DisposableHero

Established Member
I'm running a vortech minirace and it was too loud when i vented it to the atmosphere.. i ended up recirculating it again and its still pretty loud as you can hear in my sig.

The blower does get super hot when recirculating though... does putting a filter on it actually quiet it down a lot?

-venom-

Established Member
Thats towards Mikosookee (not sure if spelling is right lol). Yeap Its definitely not good but hopefully the new valve will take care of it.

This is the vid I wanted you guys to see

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F586X0Tb83U"]YouTube - My Blown Procharger Mustang with a blowthru Carb[/ame]

hey venom, i may be wrong but i believe that flutter sound your car is making might be blower surge, which can be very bad for the seals..
here's how my car sounds with the stock bypass open:
btw, where are you located? those streets look familiar

Last edited:

-venom-

Established Member
Its been a whille but I finally got the valve and new pipes made up for it. Heres some vids and pics. There is a huge difference, the red valve closed quicker and is more responsive. The car feels totally different.

IMG_6773.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj7q5QBQYY0]YouTube - Procharger Red Race Valve[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD2SXwEzIEY]YouTube - Gus Machado Mustang Car Meet[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread