Procharger rebuild cost?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Sounds crazy but are you sure it is the S/C leaking? I oiled my K&N...finally noticed oil after I cleaned and reoiled multiple times. Though it was the S/C but really believe it is oil from the filter coming through.

I don't think I am going to oil the filter anymore

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
When they leak they make more of a mess than anything due to the oil being so thin. A little bit goes a very long way! As long as you check the oil and your not loosing great amounts causing you to constantly refill I'd say your probably okay.

I bought a D1SC recently and just sent it to procharger for inspection since it had not been in since 2004. For D1's and P1's it seems the average cost for rebuilds is $4-500 for all new seals with shipping. $95 of that is their inspection fee and another $60 or so for shipping there and back. So actual cost of seals and labor is probably $250-$350. That's probably not too far off from taking your car to get repaired by the dealer. We all know they charge an arm and a leg for labor and mark up parts like nobodies business.

I'm not sure on cost of bearing replacements or seals for the F1. Can't imagine it's too different.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Regarding my D1SC...Procharger said everything looked great but the main seal had a crack in it and since it had not been in since 2004 they recommended replacing all seals. I went ahead and had them do it...total cost was $380 + shipping both ways or about $460 total. While it is expensive their customer service has been really great to answer all of my questions. Not to mention the turn around which was only 3 days! I'm close to them so 1 day for shipping and 1 back plus the 1 day they had it in the shop. :banana:

J-Betschart

Established Member
I sent my F1A in a couple months back and I would say they probably had the best customer service that I have dealt with. Luckily my F1A didnt need a full rebuilt, they just changed all the seals and reclocked it and some other odds and ends and it was $458 shipped. And I sent it out one week and got it back the very next week! I did happen to mention how much would a full rebuild cost if it was needed for the F1A and they told me right around $2400. Boy was I happy that mine did not need that ! Hope this helps.

-Jordan

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I sent my F1A in a couple months back and I would say they probably had the best customer service that I have dealt with. Luckily my F1A didnt need a full rebuilt, they just changed all the seals and reclocked it and some other odds and ends and it was $458 shipped. And I sent it out one week and got it back the very next week! I did happen to mention how much would a full rebuild cost if it was needed for the F1A and they told me right around $2400.

$2400 :eek:

A brand new F1A is only $3500. I agree with what you said about their customer service. In the past I've heard some stories about long turnaround times on rebuilds but I had mine back in 3 days. I know right now we are kind of in the off season for racing though too. Both gentlemen that I spoke with when I called or they called me were extremely helpful. They cleaned up the case a bit as well.

Users who are viewing this thread