Procharger question

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
I'm really starting to like the procharger stg. II for my car and would like to know what are the differences among the D1SC, F1A and F1D units for our 5.0 engines.

How do they compare on our engines when it comes to making boost faster and power potential?

Stock engine here, but would like the room to grow from 8-9 psi to 13-15 psi with more than enough air to feed the 5.0.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Sorry, forgot to mention it will be a street application with track in mind on the weekends. Drive to and from the track 100%.

BoostedD1

Established Member
Subsribed... I have a d1sc on a 98 cobra but know that it is quite different on the new 2015 gt's... The power made with a p1sc is substantial, almost exponentially more than on my old setup...

racerrob333

Established Member
I put the d1 on the wifes car very tame. Ran a 7.51 in the 1/8 she has not got to go to 1/4 mile track yet. Made 625 to the wheels on pump gas

whatsup62

Established Member
Putting a HO kit together. Have some parts including P1SC, looking for other pieces.

phils04gt

Established Member
I have a stage 2 kit on my 15 Gt, auto. 13lbs on 93 octane made 680 wheel with 15ish degrees of timing. It's on E85 with 15lbs now and I'm not sure what it puts down for HP, but it traps 141mph. It is running 19 degrees of timing.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Im debating on a procharger D1SC or whipple, leaning towards the whipple due to ealier power delivery. Do you guys with prochargers feel its a bit sluggish in the lower RPMs? Do you wish you had gone positive displacement instead?

tjs98gt

Established Member
A couple months ago we did a P1SC install on a 2015 and it made 713whp at 10-11#s on E85, it also has ARH long tubes, non catted. I forget the pump gas numbers right now.

Then we did a D1SC install on a 2013 and it made 640whp on 91 pump with meth, with stock manifolds/cats.

We also installed the I-1 supercharger on a Raptor and honestly, I am not a fan of it at all. I will be sticking with P1SC and D1SC for the customer builds unless it is a race build, then the F series will be to go-to line.

whatsup62

Established Member
Im debating on a procharger D1SC or whipple, leaning towards the whipple due to ealier power delivery. Do you guys with prochargers feel its a bit sluggish in the lower RPMs? Do you wish you had gone positive displacement instead?

I think it all depends on your wants and what it is going to be used for. If I had a weekend warrior that I was going to race down the 1/4 mile every weekend I would definitely lean toward the PC type SC. I have a daily driver 8 months out of the year. I have the PP car and with the 6sp manual and 3:73's first gear is pretty worthless NA. I think with gearing the centrifugals work just fine...guess we'll find out soon enough! :)

DarkMach1

Established Member
Also which do you guys believe would be the more enjoyable to drive, 650whp D1 or 650whp whipple. A6 with 3.55s here.

EDIT: hadn't seen your comment whatsup. My '15 is a daily driver, after I sell the fox I will start allocating funds to a blower. After the blower I may consider getting a cheaper/expendable DD. I go to the track once maybe twice per year, but enjoy racing when the opportunity arises.

Last edited:

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
A couple months ago we did a P1SC install on a 2015 and it made 713whp at 10-11#s on E85, it also has ARH long tubes, non catted. I forget the pump gas numbers right now.

Then we did a D1SC install on a 2013 and it made 640whp on 91 pump with meth, with stock manifolds/cats.

We also installed the I-1 supercharger on a Raptor and honestly, I am not a fan of it at all. I will be sticking with P1SC and D1SC for the customer builds unless it is a race build, then the F series will be to go-to line.

Thank you for your info on the D-1SC on the 15 GT. That boost # and the exhaust mods are something that I have in mind for my car with a torque converter to go with it. I'm just hearing out there that the D1sc is lazy and this and that...

After visiting the procharger.com my biggest doubt would be about the internal step up ratios related to the spool of each turbine for our 5.0 engines.

https://www.procharger.com/sites/default/files/2014_Supercharger_Specs-STREET.jpg

Internal Step Up:

P-1-SC = 4.10:1
D-1-SC = 4.10:1
D-1 Non self contained = 4.44:1
F-1, F-1D and F-1A = 5.40:1

This is really leading me to believe that something is not making sense here since the higher ratios should make all the F-1s and even the regular D1 non self contained give a much better spool than the P1s and D1sc... To me this is a no sense if this is true and I would be choosing one of the F-1s since they have much better power potential and response than the other turbines.

Am I right or wrong?

Help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I run the D1 stage 2 HO kit with the race bov on my auto. The sound alone makes it worth going with the centri over the pd or tvs. It is a bit slow on the bottom compared to my shelby with a tvs but it's not horrible and when you want the power it doesnt take much to get it. I have noticed with the auto when i am on a highway going to pass and it drops 2 gears the nannies kick in and keep the car from getting to out of control at 65 mph. I am on 10#s now but come spring i'll be doing a converter and going to 13#s. Don't regret my decision to go with the Procharger at all.

Users who are viewing this thread