Procharger guys maf ques

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
I need to clean my maf and I have a procharger on. Will I have have to take bumper off to get to it now that's it's in the fender or will it be fairly easy and just take the pipes off from intake into the fender?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you would have to either 1) pull the bumper cover or 2) remove the pass fender liner, need to remove the tire to get it out

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
honestly I feel like its about 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Both ways its much easier with the car in the air. The fender liner can be a bit annoying to get snapped back in place but the 2 nuts on each side holding the bumper bracket on can be a little rough as well depending on the size of your arms/hands.

loosen the lugs before jacking the car up if you go that route. I think Id lean slightly toward pulling the bumper cover just to have better all around access to the piping (open on 3 sides vs only open on 1). Just make sure you look at how the bumper pieces sit around the headlight opening, I always forget.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
honestly I feel like its about 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Both ways its much easier with the car in the air. The fender liner can be a bit annoying to get snapped back in place but the 2 nuts on each side holding the bumper bracket on can be a little rough as well depending on the size of your arms/hands.

loosen the lugs before jacking the car up if you go that route. I think Id lean slightly toward pulling the bumper cover just to have better all around access to the piping (open on 3 sides vs only open on 1). Just make sure you look at how the bumper pieces sit around the headlight opening, I always forget.

I was actually cleaning my k&n air filter off of my procharger today and I noticed the pipe with the air filter on it has a sensor plugged into the tube with what looks like a temperature type reader needle inside of the pipe with the electrical connector on the outside. Does that have anything to do with the master flow sensor? Or can I spray that with maf sensor cleaner?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was actually cleaning my k&n air filter off of my procharger today and I noticed the pipe with the air filter on it has a sensor plugged into the tube with what looks like a temperature type reader needle inside of the pipe with the electrical connector on the outside. Does that have anything to do with the master flow sensor? Or can I spray that with maf sensor cleaner?

That sounds like the IAT sensor. You can spray it with the MAF cleaner, but it shouldn't need it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d agree on it being the air temp sensor, not very useful anyway in that location - the air temps pre blower vs post intercooler will be likely be significantly different when pushed hard

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Ques for you procharger guys. I have always had a blow off valve on my setup and plugged it in where that thick black rubber pipe meets the back of the air filter pipe and zip tied it around another pipe in that area. Could that be negatively effecting anything? There is also a skinny vacuum line plugged into the bov FYI

I was thinking of taking off the bov myself.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
You might want to do some research before you go taking things like the BPV off. No, it's not hurting anything being recirculated like that. The skinny hose in the vacuum signal that opens and closes the valve.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
You might want to do some research before you go taking things like the BPV off. No, it's not hurting anything being recirculated like that. The skinny hose in the vacuum signal that opens and closes the valve.

Are you saying it's better to keep it on? as it didn't come w the kit and I put it on myself.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you saying it's better to keep it on? as it didn't come w the kit and I put it on myself.

The BPV is a required part of the system. It bleeds boost off at part throttle. They can be swapped out for different versions. I ran a Tial BOV that was meant for turbos on my set up.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
The BPV is a required part of the system. It bleeds boost off at part throttle. They can be swapped out for different versions. I ran a Tial BOV that was meant for turbos on my set up.

If it's required why don't the procharger kit come w one then? As I'm sure many don't have one on theres

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
every factory procharger kit Ive seen has a bypass valve included, that crappy little black proflow valve.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
without that valve the excess air pressure has nowhere to go, an undersized valve or one not working properly is what causes these self contained units to blow a seal and start leaking oil. You kit has the MAF post intercooler so that valve wont change anything ever if you take the hoses off and vent to atmosphere.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
without that valve the excess air pressure has nowhere to go, an undersized valve or one not working properly is what causes these self contained units to blow a seal and start leaking oil. You kit has the MAF post intercooler so that valve wont change anything ever if you take the hoses off and vent to atmosphere.

And out of curiosity where does the stock bpv go when installed ? I only ask as my after market one is put off the thick black hose that should connect in the air filter pipe in front of the engine. Is that not good w my placement there or?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you take some pics? When I had the Vortech mini race BPV it was mounted right after the blower. It was right behind the radiator. When I switched to the Tial 50mm it was mounted in the bumper in front of the driver side tire. I'll never put another valve there again.

Users who are viewing this thread