Procharger bypass/bov valve ques procharger help please guys.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
So from day one since I’ve had my procharger I never used the bypass valve that it came with. I was told that it doesn’t hold air so I ended up using Eagle Talon blow off valve in that same place. My question to you guys is this affecting my car in any negative way as I have an 8 pound pulley on my car but when I get on my car at wot I consistently only push around 5 to 6 pounds of boost. Is me not having the original bypass valve on my car affecting anything you guys think and/or is the eagle talon blow off valve on my car affecting something in a negative way? Also if this isn’t affecting my boost what could be affecting my boost to not be hitting 8 pounds consistently?Thoughts please
I’ll upload a picture in a few moments . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
So from day one since I’ve had my procharger I never used the bypass valve that it came with. I was told that it doesn’t hold air so I ended up using Eagle Talon blow off valve in that same place. My question to you guys is this affecting my car in any negative way as I have an 8 pound pulley on my car but when I get on my car at wot I consistently only push around 5 to 6 pounds of boost. Is me not having the original bypass valve on my car affecting anything you guys think and/or is the eagle talon blow off valve on my car affecting something in a negative way? Also if this isn’t affecting my boost what could be affecting my boost to not be hitting 8 pounds consistently?Thoughts please
I’ll upload a picture in a few moments . Thanks

IMG_9241.JPG
IMG_9242.JPG

As you can see I put a black cap on the pipe where the air filter is attached and then the bottom rubber hose is where I connected the blowoff valve with the skinny vacuum line. Is this bad or affecting me in any negative way? And/Or do I need to install this bov the same way the bypass valve is supposed to be installed? Thoughts

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't imagine the BOV causing the loss. With the boost on top of the diaphragm it helps keep the valve closed. As mentioned what's the rest of the set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Mods:
-Procharger ati kit 8 lb pulley
-Mac prochamber h pipe w cat back exhaust
-39 lb fuel injectors from 03 cobra
-255 lph fuel pump that came w blower kit
-3:73 rear gear frpp
-solid axle w steeds upper/lower control arms
-eibach pro kit springs
-aftermarket struts also

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I can't imagine the BOV causing the loss. With the boost on top of the diaphragm it helps keep the valve closed. As mentioned what's the rest of the set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
What if that Eagle Talon BOV is faulty and not closing properly under boost? It could be leaking..

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
What if that Eagle Talon BOV is faulty and not closing properly under boost? It could be leaking..

ya u never know I may plug in the stock one and see what happens this weekend.

Also what if I didn’t have a bov/bypass plugged in and just ran that black flex pipe to the air filter pipe I have capped off now then what would happen?

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member

Also what if I didn’t have a bov/bypass plugged in and just ran that black flex pipe to the air filter pipe I have capped off now then what would happen?

I’ve also been reading 2 most common causes of low boost is:
Boost leak and slipping belt. I did have a gatorback belt in for years which was one rib short and a half inch shorter than stock belt that came w blower kit. I then changed my idler pulley and saw belt shreds everywhere in idler spot area so put back on stock belt from kit but still made no difference with boost .

What do u guys think as to why Ive never been making proper boost and where to start? Thanks guys

01yellercobra

Established Member

But leaking from day 1? Unless it was a used BOV. Plus if it was leaking and bad I would imagine it would get worse over time instead of staying the same.

One time while trouble shooting I unplugged my BOV to check something. The engine was only idling, but it wasn't happy with that set up. I think if you run a pipe straight from the discharge pipe to the inlet pipe you won't make any boost. Since that's how a bypass valve is hooked up. Instead of venting to atmosphere it vents back into the inlet.

If a new belt didn't make a difference I'd look at the air filter and inlet to make sure they're clean. Then check the tensioner. If it's old I'd replace it.

Although before all of that I would check your gauge. Have you ever had a second gauge connected to compare? Not all gauges are equal.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
But leaking from day 1? Unless it was a used BOV. Plus if it was leaking and bad I would imagine it would get worse over time instead of staying the same.

One time while trouble shooting I unplugged my BOV to check something. The engine was only idling, but it wasn't happy with that set up. I think if you run a pipe straight from the discharge pipe to the inlet pipe you won't make any boost. Since that's how a bypass valve is hooked up. Instead of venting to atmosphere it vents back into the inlet.

If a new belt didn't make a difference I'd look at the air filter and inlet to make sure they're clean. Then check the tensioner. If it's old I'd replace it.

Although before all of that I would check your gauge. Have you ever had a second gauge connected to compare? Not all gauges are equal.

I put a new belt tensioner from auto zone on around same time as blower install in 2008. Never really driven my car much only 16k miles since. I also cleaned my k&n air filter last summer along w throttle body which helped my car startup and stall issue. So belt/stock bypass/gauge check which idk how to do or vacuum leak. Might have to ya w someone do that .

01yellercobra

Established Member
If anyone around you has a boost gauge you can plug that in and compare it. If you were closer I'd let you borrow one of mine as I have two sitting on the bench.

Where does the tab on the tensioner sit with the belt on? Does it sit about in the middle of the mark? Are you still finding belt dust around the pullies?

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
If anyone around you has a boost gauge you can plug that in and compare it. If you were closer I'd let you borrow one of mine as I have two sitting on the bench.

Where does the tab on the tensioner sit with the belt on? Does it sit about in the middle of the mark? Are you still finding belt dust around the pullies?

I will have to check that late tonight or tom. After work stay tuned. Ty

Users who are viewing this thread