Procharged Mach1

Antilife722

Started installing my full procharger kit on my 03. I am fairly new to mustangs, but i have worked on all of my other cars myself. I have run into an issue with my maf sensor not reaching the new location in the wheel well, and was wondering if there is an extension i can buy for that. Also the intercooler doesn't seem to fit with the two aluminum lines in front of the radiator and along with the the piping doesn't seem to route correctly through the drivers side. If that wasn't enough, the intake piping hits the radiator fans and radiator in front of the procharger. I've never tackled anything like this myself but considering i work on planes i thought it would be easy to tackle, since procharger said it was plug and play. Is there anyone who has done this that can give me some help with these few issues.

MG0h3

Established Member
You bought the kit brand new?

Might double check you got the right application.

Mattstang04

Established Member
That's the way the kits come. My first kit, I used a MAFia range extender and that had enough wire lengthto make it down the hole. My second setup used a change to a late model MAF. That setup required an adapter that was about 12 inches of wire. Also making the extension for me.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the mafia maf extender should give you enough slack as mentioned or go slot style and relocate it for a cleaner signal

the intercooler - not entirely sure what you mean but its a tight squeeze. I had to take out the plastic air dams up there and may have even trimmed up that 90 degree coupler coming off the outlet a little. I wanna says theres metal corner I bent with pliers to make a little more room. You have to kind of jostle it up in there and then try to level it out.

Piping hitting the fans - do you have the stock radiator? A thicker aftermarket one will be harder to clear. The piping has to be put in pretty loosely so you can make adjustments and then start snugging it down.

The procharger kit definitely feels like trying to put 12lbs of shit in a 5lb bag but once it falls into place it's pretty decent

@CobraBob - Since ford stopped making the terminator lower intakes nobody sells a complete kit for 99/01 cobra and Mach1 guys. You have to basically gather everything up for an Eaton swap minus the eaton.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
the mafia maf extender should give you enough slack as mentioned or go slot style and relocate it for a cleaner signal

the intercooler - not entirely sure what you mean but its a tight squeeze. I had to take out the plastic air dams up there and may have even trimmed up that 90 degree coupler coming off the outlet a little. I wanna says theres metal corner I bent with pliers to make a little more room. You have to kind of jostle it up in there and then try to level it out.

Piping hitting the fans - do you have the stock radiator? A thicker aftermarket one will be harder to clear. The piping has to be put in pretty loosely so you can make adjustments and then start snugging it down.

The procharger kit definitely feels like trying to put 12lbs of shit in a 5lb bag but once it falls into place it's pretty decent

@CobraBob - Since ford stopped making the terminator lower intakes nobody sells a complete kit for 99/01 cobra and Mach1 guys. You have to basically gather everything up for an Eaton swap minus the eaton.
Agreed, the procharger route is by far easier than the twin screw on the Mach or 99/01 setup.

shurur

Established Member
ProCharger was my choice until I decided to stay NA.
Watching for dyno run...

Coastal Mach

I am installing a Procharger as well, I completely removed the bumper foam and steel crash bar. Then my intercooler fit correctly, although it is still a tight fit. And yes the piping is a pain, but leave it loose and and start from one side to the other tightening and it will work without hitting.

I ordered a MAF extension from AM, it worked like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread