Procharged 5.0 vs TT 5.0

D.T.R

Established Member
The wife took the car out to play in Mexico this weekend.
Making it short and simple:

Hulk (tt 5.0): 8psi, pump gas, 650whp~, automatic
Camera car: Procharged 5.0, not sure how much boost but 730whp, manual.

This race was a 50 roll... we hate rolls, even more a roll that high. We highly prefer a dig or low roll... but the procharged 5.0's guy is a friend of mind so i didn't mind giving him his race.
My wife drove the car, as it's hers mainly lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxj51ZG1Mug&feature=youtu.be

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
wow...I was thinking with the procharged car having almost 80rwhp advantage it would be competitive with that auto, but damn you walked him bad. Thanks for the vid!

D.T.R

Established Member
Noice noice... Snails FTMFW :rockon:
You got that right :D
wow...I was thinking with the procharged car having almost 80rwhp advantage it would be competitive with that auto, but damn you walked him bad. Thanks for the vid!

True, but the auto doesn't dyno high... so automatics are deceiving. Also, the turbos make more torque and for a longer period of time on the power band.
The procharged car rides out too tho...

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I was under the impression that the 6r80 didn't give up much on the dyno depending on the convertor...speaking of which...is yours still factory?

D.T.R

Established Member
it still loses like another 8-10% more compared to what the MT82 loses.
When i was all motor with just a midpipe and tune i dyno'd 385whp at this local dyno. My previous 5.0, which was manual, had the same midpipe and tune from the same guy, same dyno and all... and it dyno 415whp.
Both cars ran 11.8 with those 2 mods at the track, except that the auto was full weight... and he manual had weight reduction lol.

I have a Circle D 3B converter. It is pretty tight and for turbo application... (3500rpms~) pretty stock-like... it's not radical at all. The car daily drives pretty close to when it was stock.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Thank you for moving the thread. Didn't know about this section to be honest.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Vertical filming :nono:

Other than that, cool video! I'm always impressed how auto cars roll out on manual cars that you would think are much faster.

helloWorld

Established Member
Whose TT kit does Hulk use?

Would the outcome be different if Hulk had a single turbo kit making the same boost and power?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your wife has one awesome 5.0. Any more mods planned or is she pretty much done.

Users who are viewing this thread