Procal track results....

13BremboGT

Established Member
2013 GT Premium M6, Brembo, 3.73

Before Procal, only mods are GT500 axle-backs and K&N drop-in filter. 100% stock otherwise. 35psi in the tires.

12.9@110

Ran yesterday, car was EXACTLY the same, just added the Procal tune...

12.5@112

Tune was good for 4 tenths and 2mph.......just FYI

I should add that before the tune, it would rev limit at 110 in 4th, after tune that went up a couple mph....FWIW

Last edited:

mrfiveoh

Established Member
2013 GT Premium M6, Brembo, 3.73

Before Procal, only mods are GT500 axle-backs and K&N drop-in filter. 100% stock otherwise. 35psi in the tires.

12.9@110

Ran yesterday, car was EXACTLY the same, just added the Procal tune...

12.5@112

Tune was good for 4 tenths and 2mph.......just FYI

I should add that before the tune, it would rev limit at 110 in 4th, after tune that went up a couple mph....FWIW

Thanks for sharing. This will be my first tune. And exactly what I was waiting to hear. I could care less about throttle response down low feel. I want numbers.lol:burnout:

13BremboGT

Established Member
Thanks for sharing. This will be my first tune. And exactly what I was waiting to hear. I could care less about throttle response down low feel. I want numbers.lol:burnout:

Actually, throttle response and low end were the reasons I did the tune in the first place. WAY better than stock when it comes to that. I was pleasantly surprised with the difference it made on the track. Wasn't really worried about making a ton of power with the tune cause I am planning on going FI later anyway. Just wanted it to drive better until that day comes. Bonus.

One other thing, I can't leave the throttle planted for the 3-4 shift anymore with this tune, it kills the power temporarily when you try to do that. Wasn't a problem with the stock tune. Oh well, small compromise.

chuckstang

Established Member
I dont see a noticable difference in power except it seems the car does not hang up as much between quick shifts and also seems to rev a lil higher, is that true? I have heard redline is a true 7k with the tune vs 6800 stock...

13BremboGT

Established Member
I dont see a noticable difference in power except it seems the car does not hang up as much between quick shifts and also seems to rev a lil higher, is that true? I have heard redline is a true 7k with the tune vs 6800 stock...

The redline definitely went up a tad. Used to hit the limiter right before the line in 4th at 110mph, can get 112mph now. MIGHT have a little more top end, but I mostly noticed MUCH better throttle response and a definite improvement in low-end power. I'm happy with it, couldn't stand the sluggish throttle response from the factory. Keep in mind, these times are on the stock tires, LUCKY to get 1.9X sec. 60 foot times. Pretty consistent around 2.0 sec. 60 ft.

86merc

Established Member
Actually, throttle response and low end were the reasons I did the tune in the first place. WAY better than stock when it comes to that. I was pleasantly surprised with the difference it made on the track. Wasn't really worried about making a ton of power with the tune cause I am planning on going FI later anyway. Just wanted it to drive better until that day comes. Bonus.

One other thing, I can't leave the throttle planted for the 3-4 shift anymore with this tune, it kills the power temporarily when you try to do that. Wasn't a problem with the stock tune. Oh well, small compromise.

I don't have any issue with power cutting on shifts. I power shift the car and have never had a "hiccup" in power delivery.

On slicks I was able to match my best ET with and with out the ProCal. 11.98. That is launching at 5K. Up where the ProCal doen't add much power anyways.

If you don't want a tune you may have issues with warranty work you can't go wrong with the ProCal. Plus it is a scan tool and can modify the speedo for gear and tire changes. Not bad for under $300.

I still think the ProCal has the same soft and hard limiter RPMs. I have not seen anything in print from FRPP saying different.

13BremboGT

Established Member
I still think the ProCal has the same soft and hard limiter RPMs. I have not seen anything in print from FRPP saying different.

Gotta disagree on this, I went from 110MPH to 112MPH across the line, hitting the limiter right before the finish. There is a change, but I don't know exactly what it is or how much. Like you said....zero documentation on what the tune actually does. It DOES add some power.....I went from 12.9 to 12.5, almost identical 60', only change being the Procal tune.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Did you run the car the same day or was the first run made a while ago and then you ran with the procal yesterday?

chuckstang

Established Member
Oddly enough I remember when I first uploaded the pro cal tune I "thought" there was a huge difference at lower rpms, but now when I go back and forth between stock and the procal I dont notice much if any but thats probably just me being used to the car, etc. I def notice an increase in redline rpm though where the cut off is. I personally dont like the way the redline hits in this car, completely cuts power and rpms fall way off, where as my old 07 GT500 would hit the redline but the rpms would stay right there and just basically bounce off of the limiter, I can not get this 5.0 to do that, so basically if you hit the limiter in this new 5.0 it kills your times where in my 07 it did not penalize you as much

mrfiveoh

Established Member

Question? Have you ever tried shifting into 5th. I have a 373 car with 18s, my best et was shifting to 5th. 12.45 @ 112 1.89 60ft on stock pzeros.

13BremboGT

Established Member
Did you run the car the same day or was the first run made a while ago and then you ran with the procal yesterday?

12.9 pass was on Feb. 9, 2013

12.5 pass was on Apr. 7, 2013

...and I think I see where you are going with this....

DA was -324 for the Feb. 9 pass

DA was 537 for the Apr. 7 pass and the temperature was slightly warmer....

13BremboGT

Established Member
Question? Have you ever tried shifting into 5th. I have a 373 car with 18s, my best et was shifting to 5th. 12.45 @ 112 1.89 60ft on stock pzeros.

Yes, I have actually tried that with no success. Just slowed me down. I've even tried launching in 2nd and running through to 5th....doesn't help.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
12.9 pass was on Feb. 9, 2013

12.5 pass was on Apr. 7, 2013

...and I think I see where you are going with this....

DA was -324 for the Feb. 9 pass

DA was 537 for the Apr. 7 pass and the temperature was slightly warmer....

You knew exactly where I was going :beer:

kosovobandit

Established Member
I like the procal. The throttle response is better in my opinion. My only problem is that I am getting detonation at 4k for about 2-300 rpm. I have called ford twice and they say it is normal and built in. "Controlled Detonation" was the term. Are any of you seeing this. My car is a 12 gt 6spd 3:73.

13BremboGT

Established Member
I like the procal. The throttle response is better in my opinion. My only problem is that I am getting detonation at 4k for about 2-300 rpm. I have called ford twice and they say it is normal and built in. "Controlled Detonation" was the term. Are any of you seeing this. My car is a 12 gt 6spd 3:73.

I've heard of others having this as well. My car does not do it at all....knock on wood. It's been flawless for me.

kosovobandit

Established Member
I am glad to hear you are not plagued by this. Your times are awesome congrats. Sorry I do not want to hijack you thread.

Users who are viewing this thread