Procal in Louisiana

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I've been debating weather to go with the pro cal or not. I've read the horror stories of pinging, but then I've read others who haven't had any problems. I really don't want to void the warranty just yet with an aftermarket tune, but I cant stand the horrible throttle response on the stock tune and Everyone I talk to says they don't install frpp parts.
So my question is has anyone gotten one installed here in Louisiana? I'm from the baton rouge area!
Thanks for the help

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Well I was just reading on another forum about sct having an update for the tuners that is "suppose" to have the issues fixed. I don't know if anyone has had any failures after installing this new firmware. I think it's only been out for a day or so...(correct me if I'm wrong). But the procal isn't really the same as the sct tuner so it shouldn't have the same problems others are experiencing with the sct.

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Just a note to op, if it wasn't installed when you took delivery, I don think you can keep your warranty.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Yeah, I had it installed in Mandeville...in my driveway. LOL.

I was a ping victim, and mine was on the car in the dead of winter.

Not going to say whether you should buy it or not, that is your choice. However, my experience began as positive and quickly became negative.

Mike

RioRed4v

Established Member

Not going to say whether you should buy it or not, that is your choice. However, my experience began as positive and quickly became negative.

Mike

Why negative? Just from the pinging issues, or...??

dynasty_365

Established Member
What part of BR r u in? I know a guy just got his 5.0 two weeks ago and he has a procal o it and he's I'm BR and it's running just fine

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
for the amount of power and over all improvement you get VS the risk of hurting the motor, and the annoying "ping" sound. Its not worth it IMO. Keep it stock until your ready to do it right.

side note: I dont get people complaining about the throttle response. My bone stock 2013 is just fine. Throttle response in my car is very close to instant.

snakebite72

Established Member
i have installed mine on my 2011... at the beginning it did ping but slowly went away till no more ping even in the hot humid south Florida weather also do a crank sensor relearn once you have the Procal installed... it helps.

Heavyfoot

Established Member

Mike

Mike, I've actually read through your procal thread and that's the one thing that makes me worry about it. I hear a lot about the pinging.

drewzx3

Established Member
Mine would ping in the heat. Back when it was cold it wouldnt. It was worth .2 at the track fyi.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
What part of BR r u in? I know a guy just got his 5.0 two weeks ago and he has a procal o it and he's I'm BR and it's running just fine

I'm actually more toward walker. I just say baton rouge because others know where that is lol.
I'd be interested in checking out this procal car to see if it's worth the money.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
for the amount of power and over all improvement you get VS the risk of hurting the motor, and the annoying "ping" sound. Its not worth it IMO. Keep it stock until your ready to do it right.

side note: I dont get people complaining about the throttle response. My bone stock 2013 is just fine. Throttle response in my car is very close to instant.

Well the 2013 mustang throttle response must be amazing cause mine is lacking. I also have an auto. Idk if u may have a manual and that may make a difference in response.

VMC

Established Member
Crank sensor relearn can be done in your driveway. Just follow the instructions, press a few buttons, rev about 3k rpms IIRC and you're done. Results vary, just depends on your car. Procal is worth it if you can keep it from causing detonation. Definitely not worth it if it does ping. So it's a risk you'll have to take. If your PCM code is ZFK1, send me a PM.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike, I've actually read through your procal thread and that's the one thing that makes me worry about it. I hear a lot about the pinging.

Yeah, I had a pinger. The tune was pretty decent, but I could never rid myself of the ping. I went with AED for my tune, and I am a very satisfied customer.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread