Problem!!!!

ekimv

Established Member
:fm:

I was putting my front rotors back on last night, I<<<<<<<:bash: cross threaded my lower Caliper bolt. Anyone know where I can purchase this bolt as well as a (cant think of the name) the tool to clean the threads in the connection point on the hub?

Any help is greatly appreciated!<<<<<<<

ekimv

Established Member
Never mind!

I thought before Bruce jumped in and called me a numb nut, I bought a tap and die in metric!:bash:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I thought before Bruce jumped in and called me a numb nut, I bought a tap and die in metric!:bash:

Mike:

Am I going to have to take you out in back of the woodshed and shoot you with monkey shit!!???!! :dw:;-)

Your local Ford dealer is your friend. Just a standard Cobra caliper mounting bolt is all you need. Do NOT tell the person working behind the counter it's for a Cobra R. They will look at you like you have three heads!?!? :eek:

And seeing you had an issue with the caliper bolt, I need to warn you to NOT crank the piss out of the bleeder screws. The caliper is aluminum and if you reef on those bleeder screws with a long wrench, you will strip them! :idea:

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ekimv

Established Member
I used my tap and die set and removed the crossed part of the thread, do you see this being a problem. Being that I reused the same bolt, or should I pick a new one to be safe?:dancenana:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I used my tap and die set and removed the crossed part of the thread, do you see this being a problem. Being that I reused the same bolt, or should I pick a new one to be safe?:dancenana:

It all depends on how bad you buggered it up!!? Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get yourself a spare caliper bolt or two. :idea:

ekimv

Established Member
The threads were not bad, about 3 threads of the bolt were a little flattened. There was just too much resistance when re-installing them, so I stopped. That when I noticed they were buggard up a bit.

After a spin through the die, they looked and went in great.

I am going to pick up a couple tomorrow.

Thanks for the note!

ekimv

Established Member
Question for you, when bleeding the brakes, should I do the inside and the outside bleeder? Also should I bleed to rears at the same time?:dw:

I know you want to make sure there is no air in the line, but I was thinking to get the remaining fluid replaced....:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Question for you, when bleeding the brakes, should I do the inside and the outside bleeder? Also should I bleed to rears at the same time?:dw:

I know you want to make sure there is no air in the line, but I was thinking to get the remaining fluid replaced....:shrug:

As far as the inside or outside bleeder goes, it's sort of a horse apiece. No matter which one you start with, if you take about four ounces out of each bleeder screw, you will have replaced all of the old fluid in the caliper.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread