Problem with the cobra

Andrew1021

Established Member
So i was driving by my friends house and they were outside. so i stopped and talked to them, and then i did a burnout leaving. At the very end of the burnout, the sound of the car completely changed. It got really deep, totally different. Sounded like it was starving. So i turned into a road to turn around to go back to my friends house, and as i got close to a stop the car shut off. There was a potent smell of fuel. There was oil and fuel mixed on the ground but only a little bit. But When i pushed it to a flat surface there was a shit ton of fuel and oil on the ground. I plugged in my tuner and the gode p0193 came up, which is "fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input". Symptoms are engine light on and car will not start. I did try to start the car again right after it shut off, it cranked and then all lights shut off and then came back on, but it would not start. Sometimes, i turned the key and it didnt even turn over fully, clicked, and turned off.

When i brought it home, stuff was just dripping. I feel that if i blew the block, it would be profusely spilling everywhere, not dripping. Also, there is no mess under the hood, just some fuel sitting on the frame rail on passenger side.

Im feeling that both a oil and fuel line broke. Am i correct?

There was also no boom when it happened and the motor didnt shut off right away, it kept going. So is my assumption correct?

Also note that the other day when i was pumping gas, i heard a sizzling, and i noticed fuel dripping on my passenger side of my x-pipe.

musclefan21

Established Member
Sounds like you blew a fuel line? Check the fuel filter, maybe it was popped in completely and popped out.

Did you remove the frps and see if you could see any fuel there?

Sounds like a mess, but I hope it is minor. Good luck

Andrew1021

Established Member
I'll check that when I get home from work. I just read up on lots of people having problems with them as well, however, what I don't understand is that no one else had oil or gas all over ground like I did. I know I should do a oil change though because the oil on the ground smelled like gas, so it was mixed

Andrew1021

Established Member
Even though that sounds like the problem Tim, I still don't understand the oil on the ground. Idk how a fuel regulator pressure sensor makes oil come on ground

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Sounds like the FRPS, however, I do think it's weird that there was a "shit ton of oil on the ground" as well. The odds of two things taking a crap at once?

Good luck, like others have said, pull the vacuum line off the FRPS and see if there is fuel in the line. If so, you popped it. A lot of guys carry a spare in their cars in case they pop one

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Possible to fill the crankcase with gas and blow it out the dip stick or PCV, due to a popped FRPS?

Check your oil too.

Users who are viewing this thread