Problem replacing front brake pads

Jroc

Established Member
not for street use, but if you try to road course with your stockers, they will fade with the quickness. Did you make sure to bed them in properly?

Thomas they suck balls trust me. HPS pads are suppose to be street pads also so I dout they would be the greatiest for track use either.

I've become a PBR twin piston brake caliper changing expert because of these pads, and yes they were broken in correctly twice, as I resurfaced them once. They also have probably 1/8 inch of two different types of anti-squeal on them.

Motorcraft pads > Hawk HPS pads.

Jroc

Established Member
No more problems when you dumped the HPS pads? Have about 1000 on my EBC's and im not too happy....

I ordered some Motorcraft pads from a online autoparts store, and they sent me two broken pads. I set them back and got my money refunded, because I though I had my HPS pads licked, but after about a week of silence from them they started making alot of noise again.

MrMason

Established Member
:??: How can you tell the difference?

1 pad on each side has the wear indicator, the thing that squeals.

my pads when hard to get on also, they were just too thick. You have to beat them on the rotor with a rubber mallet. They work great after the first drive.

Thanks for that, I tried to hammer it on before with no avail.

Only other thing I can think of if the pistons are completely in the calipers, is to make sure that the pads are seated all the way in the calipers also. I had to kinda force the pads in the calipers so they seated all the way.

I used a c-clamp to seat the pads on the calipers so I know everything was in as tight as it could possibly go.

Any pics? Just wonder how close you are to fitting them over the rotor. Any shims on the back of the pads preventing them from sitting properly? Had a lot of fun doing my pads a couple weekends ago. Took me 2 hours to get one side on and then 20 mins to do the other. Had to bleed them a bit while compressing and I had to get it to the point where the piston was inside of the housing completely. With my EBC pads they fit just snug over brand new rotors.

Sorry I didn't get any pics. They are pretty close, I can muscle on a tiny bit of it, but even with a little :bash: they won't go on. I'm afraid to hit it much harder I feel like it shouldn't take a big hammer and a whole lot of force to get the pads over the rotors, maybe it's an American car thing, I'm used to imports.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Heres what you do. I just replaced mine last weekend. On the pads there is a metal pad on the surface side that will face the caliper peel it off on both sides. It sould peel off or get it off then it will fit fine. The hawk pads that i got peel right off. It is a think sheet of metal, it should peel right off.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thomas they suck balls trust me. HPS pads are suppose to be street pads also so I dout they would be the greatiest for track use either.

I've become a PBR twin piston brake caliper changing expert because of these pads, and yes they were broken in correctly twice, as I resurfaced them once. They also have probably 1/8 inch of two different types of anti-squeal on them.

Motorcraft pads > Hawk HPS pads.

this could be true.

i wish i had installed the HP+ i had to know if they were better than the stockers. I know a local that had HPS and said he would go HP+ next time, but i think he also had autozone replacements before, not true Motorcraft.

Users who are viewing this thread