Problem! Hood hinge stud broke!

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Well today I was installing my MRT hood struts and was trying to loosen the nut on one of the hood hinges and the stud broke in half. Does anyone know if a body shop can fix this or something i can do myself. Please help!

TRBO VNM

I have always been afraid of that. Those studs I believe are part of a bracket that is molded into the hood or riveted to the hood. All internal.

So I think your only two options are replace good or cut it open to replace stud and/or bracket and then refiber what you cut.

This is one of the reasons I like the redline tuning struts better since you don't mess with those nuts/studs.

cobracide

Established Member
Same thing happened to me. Take it to a body shop. It may not be perfect but at least you wont have to get a new hood. Have them drill out the broken stud and thread a new stud or bolt into the plate inside the hood.

A tip for everyone messing with the hood bolts/studs - remove the paint off the threads of the studs.

Last edited:

twisted03snake

Established Member
+1 on removing the paint first...when I did my hood struts I just worked the nut back and forth a lil at the time and had no issues!

Users who are viewing this thread