Problem: ABS light stays on/Traction control stays off

NVMYPWR

Established Member
I got home from work, hopped in the Cobra to go pick up some Subway just down the block. There was no show boating, no high revving...nothing, just smooth easy driving.

On the way back my ABS light comes on and the Traction Control Off light comes on. I think, no big deal...glitch or something and shut the car off thinking they won't be on next time I turn it on.

Well I just left to go get some shaved ice (love that stuff) and they're both still on. WTF?

Anybody else have this happen? If so, how did you fix it?

I am about to order the 135hp package from SFPHQ but now I'm wondering if I should maybe hold off a bit to make sure all these warranty bugs are worked out. So far, that's been my only problem but I've only had the car for 3 weeks and it only has 1000 miles on it.

Advice?

Craiger77

Established Member
I had the same problem the same day I bought the car. Everything you describe plus my car car would not turn over with the head lights on! I didn't notice it until the night because everything was normal with the headlights off.

Check for a bad ground connection. There are a couple near the frame above the headlights. I had a ground connector with a crack in it. This was enough to cause problems.

Let us know how this turns out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you call your dealer? This is definitely something for them to correct. And if the system is deactivating without your intervention it could also activate as well. It could be very dangerous if the system activated when you weren't expecting it. Get it fixed fast.
:)

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Sounds like the problem I had, all kinds of gremlin. Ended up being the ground strap/bolt being loose up by the right from headlight. The head of the bolt will have green on it.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Broke7 sounds bang on with his statement. I had the same problem. When I installed my CAI I removed the green bolt, drilled a hole through the CAI heat shield and placed it over the lip above the headlight. Using the green bolt to secure the shield to the chassis so it wouldn't move around. This green bolt does not have any wants to stay in its spot. The metal of the chassis keeps stripping and the bolt loosens... ABS light comes on, Right turn signal on, fog light off, and right head light dim. Can't remember if the T/C light comes on or not.

Check the little 'bolt' and see if she's all snug.

Hope this helps.

-- Jaret

Users who are viewing this thread