Price?

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
Probobly been beated to death but here goes...

An 03 with 38,000 miles, no body damage, a inch long scratch in the drivers side bolster of the the drivers seat and the top of the shifter has alot of dents in it ...looks like someone stabbed it with a knife. Dealer said 33k and i laughed in his face. What should i coem back with? what should i expect to pay?

Thanks in advance

04OrangeSVT281

Tuned and tweeked by JDM
Established Member
I didnt pay that much for my 04 Cobra when it was brand new on the showroom floor! 32,500 brand new or 33,00 used? Find another one, no way this guy is going to come back to reality. Good luck though!

apache driver

Established Member
03CrazyHorse said:
Probobly been beated to death but here goes...

An 03 with 38,000 miles, no body damage, a inch long scratch in the drivers side bolster of the the drivers seat and the top of the shifter has alot of dents in it ...looks like someone stabbed it with a knife. Dealer said 33k and i laughed in his face. What should i coem back with? what should i expect to pay?

Thanks in advance
I paid 30k back in Feb 04 for a mint, bone stock torch red vert with 5000 miles. Shop around a little bit, and be willing to travel a bit to find the right car.

1fastredcobra

Established Member
I paid 32k last year for an 04 with 7500 miles with long tube headers, full custom bent 3 inch stainless exhaust, larger intercooler, full subframe connectors, QA1 shocks. bad ass tune, 4 lb lower, 2.8 upper, pro 5- O shifter, straight arrow body (torch red) and I thought I overpaid. Keep looking, you'll do a lot better than what that dealers offering.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Shop around, find some in better shape... download the Cobra checklist, check each car, then always shoot low.
That car is worth no more than 23K in my opinion, and you would be a sucker to buy it. The poor condition of the interior is tell-tale, and the miles are high.
Look for one with less than 20K miles, pass all mechanical functions on the checklist, and well taken care of. This is a pre-loved Cobra, and what you should be looking for anyway.
Then hit it up for about 26K.
I picked mine up last month, in excellent condition with 14K miles, and custom paint for an amazing price... less than what I even suggested. I got a good deal from a good guy, but I shopped around, did my homework and turned down a handful of cars.
I could have haggled a few previous dealers down under 24,500, without a doubt, but I didn't want to settle on the car. But haggling is key, learn what your talking about, know you have options, talk them stupid and let them know you are experienced... dwarf them, correct them, and manhandle them... then when they agree you know your stuff, present them with a firm price that you demand is fair, and even suggest that you are really not even sure if you want the car. Then try to drop it again, but finally settle on the first offer.
They may or may not bite... but thats part of playing the game.

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
Iamchris said:
Shop around, find some in better shape... download the Cobra checklist, check each car, then always shoot low.
That car is worth no more than 23K in my opinion, and you would be a sucker to buy it. The poor condition of the interior is tell-tale, and the miles are high.
Look for one with less than 20K miles, pass all mechanical functions on the checklist, and well taken care of. This is a pre-loved Cobra, and what you should be looking for anyway.
Then hit it up for about 26K.
I picked mine up last month, in excellent condition with 14K miles, and custom paint for an amazing price... less than what I even suggested. I got a good deal from a good guy, but I shopped around, did my homework and turned down a handful of cars.
I could have haggled a few previous dealers down under 24,500, without a doubt, but I didn't want to settle on the car. But haggling is key, learn what your talking about, know you have options, talk them stupid and let them know you are experienced... dwarf them, correct them, and manhandle them... then when they agree you know your stuff, present them with a firm price that you demand is fair, and even suggest that you are really not even sure if you want the car. Then try to drop it again, but finally settle on the first offer.
They may or may not bite... but thats part of playing the game.

Thats the best advice i have ever heard. I think ill move on from this one. The salesman tried to tell me it had 500 hp and that he knew the previous owner and that he had take care of it. If there one thing i hate its being lied to especially by someone who has NO idea waht hes talking about.

Thanks for all the feedback ill continue my search...

04Seattle

Established Member
$23,250 for my 04 with just over 1,000 miles - yes, 1,000 miles. Good deals are out there on these cars!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03CrazyHorse said:
Thats the best advice i have ever heard. I think ill move on from this one. The salesman tried to tell me it had 500 hp and that he knew the previous owner and that he had take care of it. If there one thing i hate its being lied to especially by someone who has NO idea waht hes talking about.

Thanks for all the feedback ill continue my search...
Smart. I feel bad for the sucker who will actually pay that amount. It happens. You should easily be able to find another Cobra (maybe even in better overall condition) for $25K - $26K. Best of luck!

Wow 04 Seattle, that was a steal! $23,500. with only 1,000 miles on the odometer. Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread