Price on gear installation

trance565

Established Member
well, lets see, my brother blew his rearend, so with 4.10's and a new rear dif. i think it cost him round 510 at houston performance.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
wow 4 people working on the rearend.... :lol: If what you said about 15 minutes gear swap is true, then i can put on a Hellion TT kit, including all piping and etc, and a custom tune in 47 minutes. :thumbsup:

sleepinggt

Established Member
i don't know if i believe the 15 minutes...but with 4 people it would be significantly faster...

1 person on drive shaft side one person at the housing and 1 person at each wheel

i'd believe an hour...15 minutes is kinda stretching it(alot lol)

mofugr

BIG DADDY
Established Member
I paid $425.00 for my install including the new FRPP gears. Speedzone Performance in Pompano Beach, Florida. Most shops in the South Florida area are getting around $85.00/hr labor, seems high but that's what they charge-- I can change those gears in 14 mins.:poke:

carguy19

Established Member
It shouldnt take 4-5 hours to do a set of gears.

Here in NJ the going rate is 125-200 depending on who does em. And it shouldnt take more then 2-2.5 hours if someone knows what they are doing.

Mydirtytruck

The GT is waking up
Established Member
ok guys thanks a lot! i found someone at a local shop and the only thing he does is rear end work. He's gonna charge me $200. Im a little concearned though, he said that most of the time when he changes out the gears in the newer Stangs, most of the people were more happy with the stock gears?? i just dont want to waste $200....what do i do?

Dusten

Established Member
Apparently he has never changed gears for someone who likes to go faster. 200 is a good price. You will be thrilled with your gears, it will make a world of difference on that thing.

trance565

Established Member
Mydirtytruck said:
ok guys thanks a lot! i found someone at a local shop and the only thing he does is rear end work. He's gonna charge me $200. Im a little concearned though, he said that most of the time when he changes out the gears in the newer Stangs, most of the people were more happy with the stock gears?? i just dont want to waste $200....what do i do?

i think what most ppl dont like is the change from 20ish mpg to 15-17mpg depending on mods.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Dusten said:
You will be thrilled with your gears, it will make a world of difference on that thing.
+1, are you losing your mind Brian?!?! You better not listen to him, and change your mind. Don't make me hook up the Stang to the Lightning and drag it down there for you. LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread