Price is too high

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
This car should be at 90K fully loaded, with nav and HID's and everything else a 90K(150K) car should have. I am sorry but for 150K I would take a SL55 for 125K with $7500 to renntech and have a 600hp KB cobra killer with money left over, or a 360modena, hands down. I have been a passenger in a SL55, and believe me it will smoke the shit out of my 03 cobra(stock to stock) What do ya'll think?:p

03DOHC

Established Member
A $90,000 car should smoke 99.99999999999% of the cars on the road regardless of who makes it. That's what I think. :)

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by dgussin1
This car should be at 90K fully loaded, with nav and HID's and everything else a 90K(150K) car should have. I am sorry but for 150K I would take a SL55 for 125K with $7500 to renntech and have a 600hp KB cobra killer with money left over, or a 360modena, hands down. I have been a passenger in a SL55, and believe me it will smoke the shit out of my 03 cobra(stock to stock) What do ya'll think?:p

If you want Nav go drive a Benz. That would totally RUIN the feel of the original car. Its not supposed to be a luxury car. If you want comfort drive a Beemer. Its a street legal race car, not somthing to keep the family entertained in. :nonono:

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC
A $90,000 car should smoke 99.99999999999% of the cars on the road regardless of who makes it. That's what I think. :)

And the $150,000 GT smokes cars that are $200,000 more expensive than it

Paul Vincent

Established Member
dgussin1, Yes, your RT SL55 would be a Cobra killer (a Mustang Cobra). So what? We're talking GT here -- not Mustang Cobra. No way will your RT SL55 beat the GT.

Last edited:

Aaron_01

Banned
Lets see just how much it will "hang". I hate to magazine race, but here we go....

Ford GT $150,000: 11.7 @ 122.0
Ameritech McClaren F1 $1,000,000: 11.6 @ 125.0
Saleen S7 $430,000: 11.8 @119.9
Ferrari Enzo $660,000 : 11.1 @ 133.0

So, from just looking at that. You can see it beats the S7, and it more or less same with the million dollar F1. The only thing that it would really have problems with is the Enzo, or cars along those lines. F40/F50, which are all uberexpensive cars. Like I said, I dont like to magazine race, but Im just proving a point that it will do more than "hang" with cars that are more expensive than it. It already rapes the 360 Modena which is the same price. Its even annihilated the 360 Stradale and 911 GT3. So I really wouldnt be complaining about the price.
If you ahve to question the price, the car isnt for you. If I had the funds I would buy one no questions asked. I would gladly pay the $150,000 price tag for a car that will absolutly kill Euro Sports cars, has an after market that is 100x better, and is 50x cheaper to service. So go buy your SL55 but expect to pay up the ass if you need repairs. And if you see a modded GT coming your way, just pull over.....

fordification

Established Member
I think the power plant also shows how much attention and designing was put into the car.

113_0311_gt_01_z.jpg

113_0311_gt_14_z.jpg

113_0311_gt_06_z.jpg

This is one seriosly stout motor. I think I might have underestimated its potential.

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
4-bolt mains and cross bolted. Should be good to hold atleast 550-600hp.

Hot Rod mag explains how Ford put the engine through their grueling, "300-hour engine-durability testing procedure, where the engine is cycled by a dyno through the rpm range between its torque and horsepower peaks for 300 hours to simulate the wear and tear of about 150,000 miles of in-car use. "

Ran into a problem with the fractured crank. Found an uncut fillet that caused the problem.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by fordification
4-bolt mains and cross bolted. Should be good to hold atleast 550-600hp.
That is ultra conservative. They had said that the 03s block was good for 450hp, yet people are making 700+rwhp without even taking off the valve covers. And the GTs block puts the 03s to shame. I wouldn't be suprised to see this beast handle 900+rwhp with stock internals.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Originally posted by Aaron_01
Lets see just how much it will "hang". I hate to magazine race, but here we go....

Ford GT $150,000: 11.7 @ 122.0
Ameritech McClaren F1 $1,000,000: 11.6 @ 125.0
Saleen S7 $430,000: 11.8 @119.9
Ferrari Enzo $660,000 : 11.1 @ 133.0

So, from just looking at that. You can see it beats the S7, and it more or less same with the million dollar F1. The only thing that it would really have problems with is the Enzo, or cars along those lines. F40/F50, which are all uberexpensive cars. Like I said, I dont like to magazine race, but Im just proving a point that it will do more than "hang" with cars that are more expensive than it. It already rapes the 360 Modena which is the same price. Its even annihilated the 360 Stradale and 911 GT3. So I really wouldnt be complaining about the price.
If you ahve to question the price, the car isnt for you. If I had the funds I would buy one no questions asked. I would gladly pay the $150,000 price tag for a car that will absolutly kill Euro Sports cars, has an after market that is 100x better, and is 50x cheaper to service. So go buy your SL55 but expect to pay up the ass if you need repairs. And if you see a modded GT coming your way, just pull over.....

Ehile these numbers are impressive, I think what we're forgetting here is that these cars are not necassarily 1/4 mile drag cars. Often times with these types of cars it is what the car does AFTER 1/4 mile that we should pay attention to and note.

-norcal_cobra

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I am not debating on weather this car is awesome or not. I am saying it should be 60K less. As awesome as it is, it is still a ford. Don't knock me I drive a cobra.

tvguy

I wonder how many GT's will be made, and for how many years will production run? I think the $150K price tag is because few will be made and for only a year or two. With all of the development/research into this vehicle, they have to make up for lack of volume. While on the surface I'd say it's expensive, I can see the price as reasonable due to the limited volume. And yes, I realize all the other "supercars" are limited production as well. However all of those cars are produced year after year, which I don't think will happen with the GT. With that in mind, $150K seems fitting. Wish I had the $$$$.
pacotaco
PS. That engine is SICK.

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
I wouldn't be suprised to see this beast handle 900+rwhp with stock internals.

Yep, I agree. They need to develop an AWD system with a coupler that can support the power.

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by norcal_cobra
Ehile these numbers are impressive, I think what we're forgetting here is that these cars are not necassarily 1/4 mile drag cars. Often times with these types of cars it is what the car does AFTER 1/4 mile that we should pay attention to and note.

-norcal_cobra

True. There's 66 MkII that runs on our track up here. He's hitting 180mph on the straights, and our track is relatively small. 133mph top speed would be a very tight track in which case lower end cars would be very competitive.

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
I am not debating on weather this car is awesome or not. I am saying it should be 60K less. As awesome as it is, it is still a ford. Don't knock me I drive a cobra.

There are way to many performance cars for 60 and under. The GT-40 should not be in the same class. There are very few if not any mid-engine designed cars for less then 60 anways.

The GT couldn't have come at a better time. That was there full intentions was to remove the doubt that people have towards Ford and there ability to build high end performance vehicles.

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by pacotaco
I wonder how many GT's will be made, and for how many years will production run? I think the $150K price tag is because few will be made and for only a year or two. With all of the development/research into this vehicle, they have to make up for lack of volume. While on the surface I'd say it's expensive, I can see the price as reasonable due to the limited volume. And yes, I realize all the other "supercars" are limited production as well. However all of those cars are produced year after year, which I don't think will happen with the GT. With that in mind, $150K seems fitting. Wish I had the $$$$.
pacotaco
PS. That engine is SICK.

I've heard production will be for 3 years, with a number of I think 3000-5000. I'm not exactly sure.

Users who are viewing this thread