Price Check Aisle 4

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
So, need a sanity check.

Been trying to sell my 10th Anniversary, unmodified , 20K mile Cobra. Asking price is $24.9K.
(http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...versary-Coupe-Black-19-9K-miles-NEVER-PULLIED)
I've always heard on here the "virgin" Cobras are desirable and a 10th Anniversary is worth a little bit more than a usual one.
But the few serious inquires I get are $22k and less.

I see Aarons car started at a similar price, but it doesn't seem to be getting much action either and his price is dropping pretty quick.

So, Is my price out of line? What should I be expecting it to sell for?

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
The market is just out right now with it being winter/headed toward 'put the toys away' season.

Not to mention black cars are hit or miss.

I'm going to be putting mine on the market here soon, so we'll see how it goes.

Is it posted on autotrader?

Last edited:

gtmustang00

Established Member
Seems Justin (I believe that's his name), got strong money for his and his had higher miles. Either it's the color, or wrong time of the year. I personally think the car is worth 22-24k.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Gotta be more patient in the Fall living in a northern tier state.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
I dropped mine to $23500 and have been getting a lot of interest. Looks like mine may be sold tomorrow. I didn't think I was out of line asking $25g either but it didn't seem to get too much serious interest at that price. Maybe because of the time of year?? Thats my only guess

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Alright. Thanks guys. If I have to hold on to it till spring, no big deal.

I know I could get lots more activity by putting it on Autotrader or CL, but I'd really like to see it go to someone who appreciates what it is, not just a kid who wants a fast car ad has more money than sense.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
It's the time of year. Justin's car was a bit of a freak / luck thing based on the fact his car was an internet pic whore.

You are also really selling yourself short by not putting the car on Craigslist / autotrader etc. Those sites get a TON of exposure.

Ported Eaton w/ supporting mods 24-25
Stock 22ish

I understand you are currently looking, but this valuation is just way wrong.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
My cobra had 54k miles on it when it sold. I got my asking price of $23,000.00. Extensively modded but nothing overly crazy. In the end it is all whatever someone is welling to pay and what you will let it go for.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412984158.077225.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread