Preview Thread when you hover mouse over title.

super302

Established Member
I think when you hover your mouse over the thread, it should say the first ~30 words so you know what its about (stangnet does this and i think corral does too)

Just a suggestion :beer:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I hate it and hope it stays turned off. If I want to see the first 30 words I will click on the thread and read it.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Same here.. Consider how much wasted bandwidth, database, drive activity happens on us guys falling for those obscure Thread titles. If only we could preview a portion of it we could avoid it.

I admit. I'm a sucker for

"Is this normal"
"OMG, Look what I found", etc etc etc.. ;)

B.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think I found a way to make it a user option, but I have much bigger things going on with the site right now. This is way on the back burner for the time being.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Hoooooooooooooray!.. This is the only site of many that I visit that doesn't have the Hover Preview. I really appreciate you making this feature available to the users that want it. I still firmly believe you'll notice improved performance of the site overall because people will no longer need to launch complete threads only to find it was not something they didn't care to follow in the first place (obscure thread titles to blame).

Thanks!

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
there wont be improved performance. the database will be queried for the previews anytime someone is viewing a forum index, as the preivew must be parsed through the html so you can see it in your browser.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Won't it cache an Admin selectable amount of words for each thread? I don't proclaim to know much about Databases but having a feature like the hover preview to cause the database a constant amount of work doesn't seem very efficient.

If there's a way to make it a user selectable option and the Admins notice a substantial performance loss with the feature then by all means remove it.

B.

Users who are viewing this thread