Preventative Maintenance IRS or Other

Hotwire

Established Member
Differential is removed and will have the cover replaced and re-sealed. While it's out, should I replace these axle seals? I see bearings behind them, should I replace them too? No issues with either, but since it's out I wanted to get opinions.

How do the seals and bearings install? Do either have to be pressed in? Are the old ones easy to remove?

Also, anything else I should replace while I have the hubs/axles/differential out of the car? I thought about replacing the differential bushings and the rear bushing.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
50edee7bbb213a3ac2d2f7fc4dcfacf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yes at the very least, replacing all three diff bushings is a wise upgrade - it will more positively locate the pumpkin to the subframe, which will decrease your chances of cracking the stock cover under hard acceleration.

but like anything else, you can go nuts with upgrades -it all depends on how spendy you want to get. see full tilt boogie racing, they are very good.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Fuel filter. .

AND check on amount of fluid..some covers take less..2 bottles will over fill and make a mess

Let cover sit a day before adding fluid..

I see that as most repeated repair..

If you choose to do more..see stickys above for ford shop manual..small version is OK for this section and works on cell.

Users who are viewing this thread