Pretty happy on E85 (dyno)

faztcobra

Established Member
I'll start by saying I know...different dynos/different days. Regardless, I'm happy so far with my not yet finished E85 tunes from AED.

I did a dyno day at True Street Motorsports a few months back in the heat with an offroad H pipe and drop in K&N air filter and ended up with 397hp and 387tq. Since then, the weather has obviously cooled off some. It was probably 95 out the day I did that dyno and it was 70 deg yesterday. Since then, I added a GT500 catback, swapped to 47# injectors, and loaded up with E85 on Fri night. That's it for mods. I was hoping for 415 to the wheels on the dyno at HPP known as "The Heartbreaker" by shop employees. Another member here also noted that he dynoed 8 or so HP lower at HPP than at TSM. I was ecstatic and pleasantly surprised with my results:

Dyno429_zps3bddb79d.jpg

Dyno431_zpsd5d7d48e.jpg

I've got a small dip around 5700 or so, but again, these aren't final tunes. I still need to run through a half tank of gas so I can do some datalogging and get it dialed in. Car so far pulls like an animal on E85!

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Great gains, and yes it was me that dyno'd about 8HP less on that dyno. I am going to do the E85 now too.

Shaun@AED

E85 FTW!
Extremely low emissions and power gains with a HUGE margin of safety, at the cost of reduced fuel economy.

faztcobra

Established Member
The only "issue" I have so far with the corn is that I can smell it, or at least notice it pretty much all the time. It smells very sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread