pressure washers

hoamskilet

Established Member
Possibly looking for a new pressure washer. What are you guys using and what do you like/dislike about whatever you have? Don't need a professional unit, but something that isn't going to fall apart in 2 years. Gas units only

CV355

_
Established Member
My father bought a Troy-Bilt gas power washer back in '05 and used it every season to do siding, gutters, driveway, patio/deck. I've borrowed it multiple times, as have my in-laws. He just now, in 2018, had to replace the pump unit which was ~$80. Extremely reliable. Not sure how many hours it has on it but it has to be up there.

I run an electric (Greenworks) for detailing and light duty. Electric is great in short proximity, but running around a house with it would be a major pain. If the elec starts leaking, I'm getting the same model gas power washer my father has.

hoamskilet

Established Member
we have some troy built powered generators and theyre straight up garbage motors.
I haven't heard a whole lot of good about any of Troy built's products. Thinking about trying to find a unit with a Honda motor

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
we like Honda, Kubota, brigs etc... although it seems like brigs has slid a bit over the years. Ive also seen quite a few people recommend whatever Costco has if you have a membership, do their little extended warranty and just take it back if something goes wrong

hoamskilet

Established Member
we like Honda, Kubota, brigs etc... although it seems like brigs has slid a bit over the years. Ive also seen quite a few people recommend whatever Costco has if you have a membership, do their little extended warranty and just take it back if something goes wrong
The unit I have now is a Briggs.....it's several years old, but seems to have burned/leaked oil for about as long as I can remember and I've dicked around with pump seals for the last few years and just recently had the casting around one of the screws for the water pump crack and break off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
I haven't heard a whole lot of good about any of Troy built's products. Thinking about trying to find a unit with a Honda motor

we have some troy built powered generators and theyre straight up garbage motors.

Interesting... My father's Troy-bilt has a Honda motor. Are there variants with a different motor that is the issue?

Honda power equipment is usually pretty dang good.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
My dad has one of the high end Snapper ones and it's nice. But it was a decent amount of coin.

I have an older Craftsman with a Briggs. Had it for about 8 years and it still starts on the first pull. Never even changed the oil in it. But I also don't use it a ton.

I think most the cheaper ones use the same pump only difference may be the motor. But usually it's the pump that craps out.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a Costco Honda one for about $270 maybe 6 years ago, it’s been awesome

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I went to Home Depot and got a out of box ryobi with Honda engine for 130 — it was discounted by about half. I love it for my car and the occasional cleaning. But at times, I wash my car without it to avoid the setup and takedown process.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I've had good luck with my Generac gas model from Lowe's. Plenty of power with the Briggs engine and I've used it from everything from washing the cars to powerwashing siding and concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread