Prelude H22 swap

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
Ok so there is a local kid claiming that his 4th gen prelude with a H22 pulls modded 05+ GT's no problem with these mods:

greddy long tube headers. lsd transmission, full 3 inch exaust, different gear ratio. no power steering, cold air intake, pullies, gutted my car out. only thing in is dash and 2 seats. oh 2 inch drop, act clutch and short shifter (copied from another forum)

Is this possible ive known some friends from back in the day with h22 swaps with similiar mods and gutted where most ran 14.0s - 14.5s?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If it's a light hatchback then it should be decently fast since the H22s put down what... like 220hp?

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
is this ****ing hondatech?

no

No actually i replied to him telling him he's full of shit, but im not into the street racing thing and im not gonna make an account on hondatech. I figured someone on here could give a solid answer, and somebody would get a laugh out of a ricer. He used to own a cobra, and got pulled twice by me and then proceeded to post on our local forum how he killed me bad.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The H22 is the standard engine in the Prelude :shrug:

That car can't be making more than 200WHP with those mods. They weigh under 3000 lbs but I don't think that would be enough to pull on an 05+ GT.

Common

Established Member
H22=red headed step child motor for those who dont have the cheese for the K-series!!!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If the motor is still in a Prelude then that is still a heavy car and is underpowered even with the mods listed which weren't really any go-fast mods to begin with. He's probably making 180hp to the wheels at the most in my guess.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
It depends on if it's a JDM H22. The JDM H22's are rated at around 200hp @ the crank. If he has the car gutted enough it may HANG with the Mustangs, but it's definitely not pulling them. The H motors are pretty nasty motors.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
It depends on if it's a JDM H22. The JDM H22's are rated at around 200hp @ the crank. If he has the car gutted enough it may HANG with the Mustangs, but it's definitely not pulling them. The H motors are pretty nasty motors.

It is a JDM but i know little about these motors, i have no idea how much they weigh but id assume with a fully gutted interior its less than 3000.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
It is a JDM but i know little about these motors, i have no idea how much they weigh but id assume with a fully gutted interior its less than 3000.

If he's that light, and it's a healthy JDM motor, I wouldn't completely rule out him pulling on 05+ GT's. They're top-end motors, so on the highway I could possibly see it happening. I wouldn't call it definite, though.

marker1989

Established Member
I actually just drove my friends prelude with very similar mods.. It was not very quick at all, it just makes alot of noise. The next day I raced him in an 04 v6 6 speed accord and pulled on him, the same accord that also got pulled on by my fox body when it was stock

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
If he's that light, and it's a healthy JDM motor, I wouldn't completely rule out him pulling on 05+ GT's. They're top-end motors, so on the highway I could possibly see it happening. I wouldn't call it definite, though.

Yeah i just found the 4th gens stock weigh in at 2840 so with all the weight reduction its prolly ~2500 but i still don't see him pulling on modded 05+ he also said he pulls t/a's hard when it was stock.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
He's lying, a stock h22a prelude runs low 15's. With his mods he's probably running mid 14's maybe low 14's, not enough to pull a well driven s197.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Yeah i just found the 4th gens stock weigh in at 2840 so with all the weight reduction its prolly ~2500 but i still don't see him pulling on modded 05+ he also said he pulls t/a's hard when it was stock.

The T/A statement just shows how much of a tool he is. A gutted Predlude weighing in at ~2500 with JDM H22 (~200 @ the crank) would be a fun car, but it's no where near "pulling on GT's and pulling in T/A's hard.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

If it's an SH then it was last generation and the numbers I found was 200hp and a 3200lb curb weight. The 2800lbs was from the previous generation.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
He's lying, a stock h22a prelude runs low 15's. With his mods he's probably running mid 14's maybe low 14's, not enough to pull a well driven s197.

That's exactly what i thought, i had a friend in HS that had a JDM h22 with those mods in a gutted civic hatch, had to weigh less than a prelude the car was tiny, it only had 1 seat in it and it ran consistent 14.4-14.5s

Users who are viewing this thread